Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In which situations do you feel like your Ni is operating at peak capacity? Do you reserve special time so you can totally use Ni without distractions (as others do with their hobby)?

I realized that apart from using it all day, I also have special situations where I can fully indulge in my intuition. These are things like urban photography or playing guitar. What about you?

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Usually when I am having a shower my Ni seems to go into over drive... thoughts and 'visions' go flying through my mind.

Also when I am doing daily chanting with my mother, that seems to activate Ni as well.

Conversing with other Ni dominants and joking also sets my Ni into overdrive as our conversation spirals more and more into the layers of humour that it is just a continuum of never ending details and layers to the story.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
In which situations do you feel like your Ni is operating at peak capacity? Do you reserve special time so you can totally use Ni without distractions (as others do with their hobby)?

I realized that apart from using it all day, I also have special situations where I can fully indulge in my intuition. These are things like urban photography or playing guitar. What about you?
I definitely try to reserve some Ni time alone. I like the early mornings also when I am not quit awake but not dreaming. Whenever I practice Martial Arts. I trained my Ni like a dog to roll over and play dead or fetch tomorrows newspaper for me. Focus has a always intrigued me I would say my peak would be by focus or with the assistance of Fe. Besides a particular training method I use in martial which would be my peak of peaks but I don't do that often so I don't want to say that would be.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Before I go to bed. I spent about an hour last night visualizing myself on my death bed, and who I would be - along with who would be with me, at that point.

It was interesting, to say the least.

I am a charismatic old man.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine is most active at night as well. I feel like after a long day, my Te gets really tired and my Ni just fills in all the gaps left behind. I feel like everything makes since but I could never explain why. Also, I tend to be much more creative at these times.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,856 Posts
I like to have long baths and sink into Ni sometimes. Maybe when I wake up...I simply can't spring out of bed...I have to stare at the wall for a little while (have always been like that according to mother). At night I drift off into Ni sometimes.

While I am driving I drift off to Ni and wonder how the hell I facilitated my way through traffic (or even miss a turn off).:shocked:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Peak times for me is when I'm drying my hair (it takes 30 minutes) and when I'm driving. At one time I had an hour and a half drive to university and I loved it. When I started working closer to home I really missed that me-time in the mornings. I still love solitary road trips.

The #1 spot goes to: at night before I fall asleep. I love to lie in bed and just think for hours...although these days it's more like 20 minutes if I'm lucky, lol. Over weekends I will go lie on my bed in the afternoons to read, but will mostly end up thinking about things and eventually fall asleep.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just after I wake up. I can stretch that time for a long time if I want to :)
But, you know, there's a difference between using only your Ni compared to the daily hustle (e.g. job) where you have to use Te and Fi and so on. I think the times when you "go for a walk" with your primary function are really pleasant.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I travel to work. I always get a seat by the window, turn on my ipod and get very relaxed. Soon ideas come flying out of nowhere without me trying the least bit. Love it.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Anytime I can tune out the external world for a bit then emerge to see it with fresh eyes. I prefer to do this in a safe environment but usually do it when the external world is boring, e.g. meetings, listening to someone talk about feelings, driving.

I don't often allow myself the time to intentionally indulge in Ni.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My Ni peaks in my dreams. They're like surrealist sci-fi movies with crazier colors.

Also when I hold a camera in my hand.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts

To be honest, I don't see how urban photography and playing a musical instrument can be considered Ni working at it's peak.

Ni is working at it's peak when you have a problem thrown at you, and your eyes get that staring look, there are no words in your thoughts, but your brain is going at full speed. Then,...... you figured it out.

·
Registered
215 Posts
When I am doing mundane tasks such as chore or driving and lack enough stimulation to keep my mind occupied, sometimes intentionally, sometimes not.

·
Registered
659 Posts
To be honest, I don't see how urban photography and playing a musical instrument can be considered Ni working at it's peak.

Ni is working at it's peak when you have a problem thrown at you, and your eyes get that staring look, there are no words in your thoughts, but your brain is going at full speed. Then,...... you figured it out.

Photography involves a lot of intuition for those that are comfortable with a camera.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm a bit torn over how to answer this one ... peak times are all the flaming time! I get so overwhelmed with the constant cacophony of voices in my head all debating what works, why it works, how it could be better...everything really ... often I have a few glasses of wine in the evening for the simple reason I want to a) turn down the voices so I can have some peace and b) get the day to end as early as possible because I'm exhausted from trying to always do the right thing for everyone else - work, clients, family etc.

The only person I can relax and be 100% me with is my Rich, and I am so looking forward to moving in with him (should be in about 6 weeks) because I know that so much pressure will just evaporate that the bubble of peaceful energy that completely surrounds us when we are together won't be a temporary or momentary thing... it will be the start and end of every day ... wow ... what a wonderful thought.

If I answer it as you intended though, my main peak times are running, swimming, driving and being in the bath. Most of my light-bulb innovative creative moments happen when I'm doing one of those - so much so that if I need to have some good thoughts about something I actually go and run, swim or run a bath so I can think. :cool:

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts