Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious about how to aproach guys who are introverted and sometimes shy, I don't want to come across as too forceful, i don't want to scare you guys away but at the same time I don't want to play hard to get and wait for you guys to make the move, Help me out here ;D

Do you like it when a girl...

Talks to you first? Or do you like making the first move?
Asks you out first?

Also, Fo the ladies:

Girls, have you had experience with trying to bag a shy guy, what was it hard? And did you ever feel slighty exhausted by the experience?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
I prefer to make the move because I usually have everything planned. If they catch me off guard then I won't be as sly and overpowering as i normally would be :p.

·
Registered
752 Posts
It's not about scaring us away, for me at least it's taking away the doubt that's always in my mind. If a girl came up to me my mind will scramble to think of the reason of why she would be asking me out of all people in the entire world, because chances are, there's someone better out there .-.

Asks you out first?
Yep, I like it when a girl talks to me first, especially if the person is more of a stranger to me.

I also like it when a girl asks me out first, but if I'm really comfortable with the person, then chances are I will at least bring up the topic and then joke about it, like the fail dreamer that I always am .___.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Some people like to be initiated, and some like to be the initiators. Simple as that. :happy:

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
I like it when women make the first move. Not a confidence thing. It's just natural to me. I was very confused when people began to tell me that I was supposed to be the one to ask the woman as a child. In short i don't like to initiate things. I tend to like to be submissive. I know I'm a "man" but I don't really care... that's me.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I like being asked out, it feels great!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's not about scaring us away, for me at least it's taking away the doubt that's always in my mind. If a girl came up to me my mind will scramble to think of the reason of why she would be asking me out of all people in the entire world, because chances are, there's someone better out there .-.

Yep, I like it when a girl talks to me first, especially if the person is more of a stranger to me.

I also like it when a girl asks me out first, but if I'm really comfortable with the person, then chances are I will at least bring up the topic and then joke about it, like the fail dreamer that I always am .___.
Interesting, thanks for answering ^^ Sometimes even when you joke about it, it sort of helps us too see you guys in a different light, when it starts off as a friendship that is. sometimes girls do need a greenlight so its cool :) Well, in my chase haha.
Would you wait for her to make the first move?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Haha that's cool, thanks for answering my question Lad ^3^ Are you a traditional man then? :D
I prefer to initiate because I can do it when I feel confident, when I'm likely having a good hair / dress day, and I can control when, where, and most importantly WHO I approach.

The most awkward thing on the world to me is when a girl approaches me and I'm not interested in her. You never want to be cruel or anything, but you're also caught off guard that you fumble around a bit.

I suppose you can say I'm traditional and follow most of the norms for dating. I have no problems approaching a girl, but I usually make sure they have -some- interest in me first. I'll almost never approach a girl that hasn't given me either the "look," smiles, or some dialog.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really don't think that gender should play a role in whether a person initiates or not. :mellow:
That's true :) To me this question was asked out of ignorance, i have no idea how the male mind works and to me i live under the tradition that all males are meant to ask the females out. Its as black an white as that.

And why?

is it a male dominance thing? do they like to be the ones to ask the girls out? Would their pride be buised if a girl showed her affections first?
My brother and my dad are both blokey bloke bloke types who chase after women like they were pray. So blame them for their influence. lol ;)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Interesting, thanks for answering ^^ Sometimes even when you joke about it, it sort of helps us too see you guys in a different light, when it starts off as a friendship that is. sometimes girls do need a greenlight so its cool :) Well, in my chase haha.
Would you wait for her to make the first move?
Hahahahaha. Funny you should ask.

Chances are I'll wait and see how things play out (look for signs and etc), and after taking 6420867026 years, I'll gather up the courage and say something.

Good luck with your chase :)
Lucky guy is lucky .-.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hahahahaha. Funny you should ask.

Chances are I'll wait and see how things play out (look for signs and etc), and after taking 6420867026 years, I'll gather up the courage and say something.

Good luck with your chase :)
Lucky guy is lucky .-.
haha thats exactly what i do too! i don't jump in unless i have the ammunition.
Thank you Roze, and i hope you find the right girl, she's around here somewhere ;3

·
Registered
444 Posts
Asks you out first?
definitely yes to all 3. I'm to quiet/submissive to make moves on ladies, and i'm generally completely oblivious to any signs girls give out that they are interested, and if i do pick up on them, i have no idea what to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Asks you out first?
Well, I've never had a girl directly ask me out (I did get a couple love letters though, oh man that was awesome). Usually what happens with me is the girl acts flirty, I get the hint, ask them out and all's cool. In my case it certainly wouldn't hurt your chances if you made the first move, I would probably respect you more for breaking out of what is typically considered the social norm.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm curious about how to aproach guys who are introverted and sometimes shy, I don't want to come across as too forceful, i don't want to scare you guys away but at the same time I don't want to play hard to get and wait for you guys to make the move, Help me out here ;D

Asks you out first?
Well, I would actually like it if a girl was a little forceful just cause aggressive women turn me on :blushed:

But I would want her to at least initiate the conversation.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I tend to 'match' whatever the female would do in a given situation for fear of pushing boundaries too much.

I'd rather the girl made a move first to indicate something to me, though as for asking out, not fussed who does it.

Sometimes I like to take point and be lead though. If I'm in a good mood.

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
299 Posts
I certainly get flattered, and if one is interested, it's a lot safer then waiting for me to summon up courage (Yes I'm a coward).

Once things are started though, I guess I'll be able to handle the rest.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts