Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I have some difficulty understanding the cognitive functions, I think I have come to a theory about the role of introverted thinking in ENTP's. While the outside world is all about possibilities for the entp because of Ne, they need to have inner control because of Ti. As someone who might be an ENTP, this causes me to set many rules in my house and have everything in its specific place. By having my inner self(home) structured, I am free to be creative in my outer persona like when I leave my house. How does your Ti influence how you act?

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
Yeaaah... I am basically oblivious to my environment 99 % of the time. I don't notice things that other people do.

I do have a knack for finding things though. I think I've become very good at thinking of all the possible places things could be. (Probably primarily Ne)

My Ti is more about internal organization, and gathering of information to understand more, I think. My INTJ (Possible ISTJ) has noted that my way of being is more 'selfish', in that my intellectual activities, my work, and school, are always focused on what I will get out of it first, a kind of consistent self-improvement. I learn for the sake of learning. He learns for application.

INTPs

This explains it quite well, I think.

Also:

INTJ vs. INTP: Type Differences - Personality Junkie

It's mostly focused on INTPs to explain Ti, but I think that makes sense, since their Ti is their dominant function, we can then take it apart and analyze how it functions, because of the increased saturation of Ti. :tongue:

I very much relate to this passage:

While INTJs may display some of this because of their Introversion and their tertiary Fi, it is typically to a lesser degree. Since Te comes before Fi in their functional stack, INTJs are, wittingly or not, generally willing to sacrifice some degree of self-understanding (Fi) for the sake of working to improve the world (Te). This would be far more unusual for INTPs, who first priority is finding wisdom and self-knowledge. Interestingly, I think this may explain where the notion of INTPs being interested in knowledge “for its own sake” originated. Since INTPs use their knowledge inwardly (Ti), others are largely blinded to the process, thereby leading them to assume the INTP a mere “idea hedonists.” But the fact is that INTPs do apply their knowledge, only they apply it primarily to understanding themselves, to finding their rightful place in the world, and to their quest for wise and optimal living. So the notion that INTPs are leisurely and aimlessly consuming ideas for mere pleasure completely misses the mark (In fact, this would probably be truer of INJs, whose dominant function is a Perceiving function.). Since Ti is a Judging function, INTPs tend to be quite intentional about what they do. This is why, for instance, they are insistent on efficiency and can be quite miserly about how their time is being used.

My INTJ has also noticed that I strive for efficiency and don't like my time to be wasted when I'd rather be looking at lolcats, or browsing Tvtropes.com ... :tongue:

I kid...

Mostly.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
well, l like to have a degree of separation. l couldn't tell you how l think it involves the internal breakdown of functions, if anything it only outwardly resembles introversion.

Either way l guess you could say Ti is factored in, l do have a specific mode that l engage in the world with...Ti actually seems/feels private to me. l don't really like discussing my ideas until they're fully developed, this used to drive an INTJ crazy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts