Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as extroversion or introversion manifesting differently in someone with a Sexual (SX) instinctual variant? How would introversion or extroversion interact with an SX instinct; How might an Extroverted SX-Dom appear different from an Introverted SX-Dom?

Reactions: Quang

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Before jumping too quickly into the comparisons, I want to make it clear that both traits has little to do with being social or anti-social. The differences are commonly misunderstood.

Introversion: The need to conserve energy, more detached, cool, less excitable, less comfortable with being in the spotlight
Extroversion: Getting energy by being among others, excitable, spirited, more comfortable with being in the spotlight

According to the Faurves, many SO are apparently introverted because they are acutely conscious about the group relations. One would assume SP/SX or SX/SP would appear introverted once they are immersed with a subject of interest (us vs the world dynamic). That being said, any instinctual subtype can be introverted or extroverted although I would predict a SX/SP 459 is VERY LIKELY to be more introverted than SX/SO 279

·
Registered
104 Posts
My best friend (extroverted 7w6) and boyfriend (introverted 3w4) are both SX doms. Their SX manifests how you might expect for an introvert and extrovert.

My best friend is incredibly devoted to his friends, and has many close friends that he would do anything for. He's very friendly and willing to try to develop a relationship with just about anyone as long as they have something in common. If the person falls back, though, he'll fall back. And the people who bother to put in the relationship effort with him will eventually develop a very strong, committed bond. He thinks about romantic relationships often, if not constantly, and would likely have many more of them if he weren't such an odd duck.

My boyfriend only has one real friend right now: me. He has some acquaintances that he cares for, but doesn't feel the need to develop strong relationships with them as he has me in his life. He's a serial monogamist who can't stand to be alone and he put up with a bad relationship for years because of this.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
B

Introversion: The need to conserve energy, more detached, cool, less excitable, less comfortable with being in the spotlight
Extroversion: Getting energy by being among others, excitable, spirited, more comfortable with being in the spotlight
as an ENTP, I'm more extroverted with THINGS than with people. I desire and gain energy from making THINGS. People can wear me out.

Reactions: o0india0o
1 - 4 of 4 Posts