Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a recent crop up of N vs S on this site, and I vs E. Yeah, I know you thought it was going away but I'm bringing it back! In a positive way though.

This is just something that has been on my mind lately and I wanted to see if anyone else noticed this.

A lot of main characters in fiction are introverts NOT extroverts! Maybe that's because more Introverts are writers? IDK, but introverts complain all the time about how society doesn't approve of them, yet the COOLEST characters are introverts.

Same thing goes to sensors! Some of the most BADASS characters in fiction are ISTPs, ISFPs, and ISTJs! You don't see the ENTPs out their killing a horde of zombies. No they are the comical character that gets killed when they decide "it will be fine if they go down the dark hallway by their self". Haha, silly ENTP.

My point. As a writer and part of an audience I appreciate the SPs in fiction (and in life) as well as the introverts. For all of those N superior out there, please take the time to do the same and see that without them, we would be missing out on some of the greatest stories and characters of all time.

My point to the SPs SJs and introverts. Take the time to see your sensor/introvert brethren for how awesome they are and how much society enjoys those characters!

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
There's a ton of ISxx main characters! From what I can remember, Katniss Everdeen is an ISTP and Harry Potter is an ISFP. Two major book series there with SP protagonists.

I think the whole introvert deal comes from the fact that when a story is written in first person, the main character often has to reflect on their feelings of a situation, and that makes them come off as introverted. It's difficult to write a character constantly in conversation, too! I know that's not what extroverts are about but it's still more common for them.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts