Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Introverted with siblings

Votes: 26 76.5%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i know the titles a little stupid but its susposed to catch attention and if your here it did its job so please dont say anything about it...ok down to work the more i talk to people ive noticed that majority of the introverts ive met are people with siblings, i dont meet nearly any introverted only children so i was just wondering on ur and if you want you can vote on my poll oki thanks!

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Sadly, yes. I suspect being an only child would be quite relaxing.

Reactions: Teal

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Not introverted myself but sister is INFJ so she obviously has siblings:p although I do know multiple introverts who are the only child

·
Registered
748 Posts
I think the lack of a sibling actually makes me even more introverted and socially retarded :frustrating:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the lack of a sibling actually makes me even more introverted and socially retarded :frustrating:
Well...maybe it could make you socially awkward not sure if you are :) but i could see you if you enjoy being an only child as an introvert

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I'm an introvert only child, but I think being an introvert or extrovert is determined by genetics, so... the only way I could see there being a link is if extroverts tend to have more children? That would make sense since some surveys say extroverts are more plentiful..

·
Heretic
5w4 9w8 2w1 Sx/Sp INTJ ESI
10,834 Posts
I have an ENFJ younger sister.
It has been and is still challenging.
Being on this site has mitigated some of the pitfalls though.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I can see where you're coming from. Myself, my brother, and my sister are all introverts. However, as said before, I think introversion or extroversion is determined by genetics.

Reactions: Teal

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys think personality is determined by genetics? Thats a possibility but i think it has to do with more nurture vs nature im not sure i wish i knew more though :) Alot of you brought up a great point thanks for opening my mind up a little some more ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
I'm very introverted and I have siblings. I am the youngest of 4 but there is a pretty significant age gap between me and my next oldest sibling (8 years). Thus I spent ages 9 - 17 living with my parents with no siblings in the house. So I had the experience of living with and without siblings, though I'm sure growing up with them influenced my development by the time they left.

While they were in the house I generally avoided them (and my parents for that matter) for the most part because they were noisy and fought all the time. I liked my family but when the last sibling left I got the big room all to myself complete with my own TV! Wow!

Then my behavior just shifted from hiding out in remote places in the house to shutting myself in my room 90% of the time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Introvert with three brothers. The two younger of them are extroverts.

I don't think it have any effect on if people become introverted or extroverted. I think that's pretty much decided from birth.
But I can't dismiss that growing up with siblings might have had an impact on how social I can be. I even thought I was an ENFJ for a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts