Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is a combination of the activities I partake in and my personality, or whether this happens alot. (That's why im making the thread :p) I found it amusing how over, the years, despite being incredibly introverted, that everyone always knows me.

Now, I'm in Sixth Form (english- 16-18 year education) and so I suppose this is expected, since there arent many people around, but an odd factor thats been with me for most of my education is that I've been approached by so many people I never talked to in the first place, or ever initiated conversations with, that it strikes me as unusual. Also, I have had numerous conflicts with bullies, and I often had alot of people cheering for me, the underdog whilst everything was happening. Also, in sports lessons its not as if my turn at the bat, or vaulting, or whatever ever went by without some big announcement. To top it all off, on my birthday, when I was i think 15, I got hugged by a random hot girl I'd never talked to before in front of quite alot of people. 1. Im not attractive (Im a fairly typical 'Nerd' stereotyped guy, if you want a quick description) 2. Never spoken to said person, and they never followed up on this event.

Now whenever I walk into the performing arts room in college its announced. Every time.

But why? For a typical dreamer who forgets things alot and stares at walls and forgets things alot, there doesnt seem to be any reason why this should happen. Anyone else experienced this 'Magnet' effect? Its getting confusing, but also perks my interest in human psychology a little.

Thanks for any response in advance.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
Checked your type, that has been true of the INP's that l've known.

Perhaps more so the INTP's due to Fe, but still true.

l think there is a certain magnetism to you guys, maybe the opposing introversion makes it even more apparent.:kitteh: One of the dorkiest kids l think l've ever known, was simultaneously popular.

The Ne? ln a way, Ne can't really help but be aware of certain trends and happenings in the environment and generally has an interest in wide variety of things, l feel the same way with Ne as dominant even when l actively avoid people.

So, it can result in unintentional popularity or casual connections being made.

l think this tends to be common for some ISP types too.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked your type, that has been true of the INP's that l've known.

Perhaps more so the INTP's due to Fe, but still true.

l think there is a certain magnetism to you guys, maybe the opposing introversion makes it even more apparent.:kitteh: One of the dorkiest kids l think l've ever known, was simultaneously popular.

The Ne? ln a way, Ne can't really help but be aware of certain trends and happenings in the environment and generally has an interest in wide variety of things, l feel the same way with Ne as dominant even when l actively avoid people.

So, it can result in unintentional popularity or casual connections being made.

l think this tends to be common for some ISP types too.
Ah right. Although, when I think about it, a few INXX people I know have this weird pull also to some extent, which is certainly interesting. I dont know any ISXP people surprisingly, so I cant be sure of those though, but im gonna look into it anyway.

Reactions: LadyO.W.BernieBro

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
People are generally drawn to the interesting.

Fair warning thought the "magnet effect" works the same way regular magnets work. It is quite possible to repel as well. xD

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
People are generally drawn to the interesting.

Fair warning thought the "magnet effect" works the same way regular magnets work. It is quite possible to repel as well. xD
XD yeah, im sure iv repelled people before, but hey, you can't please everyone you would like, I guess

Reactions: Crimson Ash
1 - 5 of 5 Posts