Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a continuation on the post I made about constant intrusive memories. What analogy can you describe them for you? For me it is more like memories taking me away from the present dimension. It is struggling between being stuck viewing countless 6 second snaps of the worst/best/neutral moments in my life while trying to come back into reality at such a rapid rate.

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
To me they are like annoying pop-up ads in a world where ad-blocker doesn't exist.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well, your true type is INFP. That's all there's to it.
We may easily come to represent to ourselves our life as a film... a series of frames, and scenes. To watch over, interpret, re-interpret, analyze, re-analyze, ...

And then there's that nuisance, which the others seems all taken by, the present.

And that repository of wishes and wants, which the others seem to think of surprisingly little while for us it plays a key role like the past: futurity.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Like a swarm of bees bringing memories capable of stinging you with painful emotions. The more you focus and swat at them, the more you release the emotions associated with it (like swatting at bees helps express the annoyance) but then they’ll often come at you more. The buzz of the bees/memories is constant and infuriating but it ebbs and flows. At some point they’ll hopefully go away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts