Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a friend who was implying that acting on intuition meant that the action lacks intentionality. Do you think that's true?

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Libtard
22,602 Posts
The titles of "the strategist" "the mastermind" "the scientist" for INTJ seems counter-intuitive to that argument ;)

I guess the fact that INTJs may cogitate some time to figure WTH their intuition told them is key here.

So the answer would be not necessarily.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
intuition i think is subconscious decision making. Some part of you has collected data, processed it and come to a decision. Acting on that decision is intentional.

Reactions: rarrr

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My thoughts exactlly

intuition i think is subconscious decision making. Some part of you has collected data, processed it and come to a decision. Acting on that decision is intentional.
This is exactly my opinion. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
That could sort of be said about Ne, since Ne is simply an analyzing function meant to allow a person to read and predict their surroundings.

Ne is what people stereotypically "intuitive thinking" and it does indeed lack intention a lot of the time, and Ni is what people mostly call a "gut feeling" since it is more passive unless in the hands of an experienced Ni veteran.

Ni almost never lacks intention, it is what people use to achieve what they want over time. It is meant for manipulating your situation and surroundings to imprint your internal ideal mental image onto the world.

So he's semi-right. but there are two kinds of intuition. Ni just isn't acknowledged much because almost all introverted functions are very passive and don't make themselves known externally very often.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please elaborate

That could sort of be said about Ne, since Ne is simply an analyzing function meant to allow a person to read and predict their surroundings.

Ne is what people stereotypically "intuitive thinking" and it does indeed lack intention a lot of the time, and Ni is what people mostly call a "gut feeling" since it is more passive unless in the hands of an experienced Ni veteran.

Ni almost never lacks intention, it is what people use to achieve what they want over time. It is meant for manipulating your situation and surroundings to imprint your internal ideal mental image onto the world.

So he's semi-right. but there are two kinds of intuition. Ni just isn't acknowledged much because almost all introverted functions are very passive and don't make themselves known externally very often.
Omar, could you elaborate more on why Ni could still be intentional despite the fact that it operates so quickly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts