Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know infps tend to "feel" things. Something feels like this, something doesn't feel right, and we make decisions that are totally illogical to an onlooker. The scary thing, for me at least, is generally I have a feeling about something, it turns to be spot on right. Are we psychic? Sometimes it scares me how much of the time my gut instincts are spot on.

·
Premium Member
15,511 Posts
Intuition has saved my life on more than one occasion. Intuition is a connection to *some other* place than knows better than me..... and I damn well better pay attention & feel the vibes, that's all I'm going to say!

From the myers briggs site:

Intuition (N)
Paying the most attention to impressions or the meaning and patterns of the information I get. I would rather learn by thinking a problem through than by hands-on experience. I’m interested in new things and what might be possible, so that I think more about the future than the past. I like to work with symbols or abstract theories, even if I don’t know how I will use them. I remember events more as an impression of what it was like than as actual facts or details of what happened.

The following statements generally apply to me:

* I remember events by what I read “between the lines” about their meaning.
* I solve problems by leaping between different ideas and possibilities.
* I am interested in doing things that are new and different.
* I like to see the big picture, then to find out the facts.
* I trust impressions, symbols, and metaphors more than what I actually experienced
* Sometimes I think so much about new possibilities that I never look at how to make them a reality.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's the intuitive feeling that gets us. You can't explain how an emotion feels, but when you feel a familiar emotion you can't deny it being there for a reason. Which is why NT's can explain their intuitions (generally) but we can't. But if you want to call that being psychic I gladly won't stop you.

4,757 Posts
It's so much a part of me that I really can't tell when I'm doing it. For me it took a while to see that I was actually using Fi and Ne - especially Fi - because they're so deeply embedded within me. It's hard to marvel at something that's so ... you and basically taken for granted. These days I tend to focus on how my Ne has lead me astray in many situations.

Reactions: Darkestblue

·
Registered
624 Posts
I wish I listented to my intuition more. Often I put it down to wishful thinking or that someone couldn't possibly be that much of a bitch etc. It's also impossible to explain how you reach some decisions (or why you even looked there in the first place).

I don't think it's being psychic, I think it's more that people with strong senses of intuition are good at reading patterns subconsciously rather than consciously and getting an overall picture rather than a detail driven answer. I find it funny when people will say "good guess" to me when it feels like so much more than just a guess, but I can't back it up so it's easier to go with it and just be known as a good guesser.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I wish I listented to my intuition more. Often I put it down to wishful thinking or that someone couldn't possibly be that much of a bitch etc. It's also impossible to explain how you reach some decisions (or why you even looked there in the first place).
YES. Exactly. You worded it perfectly.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I don't think the intuition really has anything to do with decision making. I'm pretty sure the thinking/feeling spectrum is where our decision making lies.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I don't think it's being psychic, I think it's more that people with strong senses of intuition are good at reading patterns subconsciously rather than consciously and getting an overall picture rather than a detail driven answer. I find it funny when people will say "good guess" to me when it feels like so much more than just a guess, but I can't back it up so it's easier to go with it and just be known as a good guesser.
You are right. I think saying it feels like being psychic is just the best way to describe it when you don't really understand how it works. I don't think people literally think they are psychic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts