Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crazy:Im just wondering how you other ENTPs deal with your intuition. It sees like there are times i can't control it and all i keep thinking about is African warlords and violence and just utter chaos. It seems like it never stops. one minute i will be having a nice conversation with a friend about their day and the next minute my mind starts to wander and i start to laugh uncontrollably as just imagine some type of chaos erupting around the area i am at. That is when i usually get the usual your nuts when i tell them what i envisioned. Does this happen to anyone else? if so, how do you deal with it ?

·
Registered
502 Posts
That is what being an ENTP is all about. Nothing you can do about it directly. You can, however, try to not laugh in the middle of conversation or try to pay attention.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
it's pretty cool looking from the outside. I mean I have a little bit of Ne... obviously not as much as Fi but still.... it's fun stuff. I suppose any function that is your dom can be too much at times. What I do with my functions is I feed Fi what it needs .... what it really needs. For example..... rather than going out and having sex and doing all these impulse feeling motivated things..... I use my Ne to see possibilities and how they connect so I can make better decisions with my Fi. The functions compliment each other.

So the saying "just be yourself" is packed with deeper meanings.... it's very true. Your functions, opinions, and life experience have all contributed to your ability to function in this world in a healthy and happy manner. You just have to figure out what way is natural. Easier said than done sometimes ;)

Reactions: vel

·
Registered
502 Posts
it's pretty cool looking from the outside. I mean I have a little bit of Ne... obviously not as much as Fi but still.... it's fun stuff. I suppose any function that is your dom can be too much at times. What I do with my functions is I feed Fi what it needs .... what it really needs. For example..... rather than going out and having sex and doing all these impulse feeling motivated things..... I use my Ne to see possibilities and how they connect so I can make better decisions with my Fi. The functions compliment each other.

So the saying "just be yourself" is packed with deeper meanings.... it's very true. Your functions, opinions, and life experience have all contributed to your ability to function in this world in a healthy and happy manner. You just have to figure out what way is natural. Easier said than done sometimes ;)

My impulses tell me to do exactly that.

·
Registered
502 Posts
hahahaha well obviously there will be differences when you cross from infp to entp xD.

lol. I can't ever imagining saying no to a hot girl, if I'm single. Well, I'm no example because I'm 16 and virgin. It's not like America: everyone here hears that American girls are very "sporty". Get it? They're sluts.

·
Banned
998 Posts
I don't think I've ever thought of African warlords before. I find myself thinking of possibilities or solutions a lot of the time. I am constantly thinking of ways I can grow my business to make more money. By the way, for all you ENTP sacks constantly getting bored, I swear since starting my on business, not a day has passed that I felt bored. SUCH variety.

I go off topic a lot, which is a major intuition type thing, since we can make connections where sensing types cannot. Just today I was thinking about how people are always asking you questions right when you're in the middle of chewing something, and how useful it would be to telecommunicate instead. I think I want to find some sort of solution to that problem though. That'd be huge money.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
lol. I can't ever imagining saying no to a hot girl, if I'm single. Well, I'm no example because I'm 16 and virgin. It's not like America: everyone here hears that American girls are very "sporty". Get it? They're sluts.
Oo where are you from?

·
Registered
18 Posts
:crazy:Im just wondering how you other ENTPs deal with your intuition. It sees like there are times i can't control it and all i keep thinking about is African warlords and violence and just utter chaos. It seems like it never stops. one minute i will be having a nice conversation with a friend about their day and the next minute my mind starts to wander and i start to laugh uncontrollably as just imagine some type of chaos erupting around the area i am at. That is when i usually get the usual your nuts when i tell them what i envisioned. Does this happen to anyone else? if so, how do you deal with it ?

Hey buddy,

Personally I don't think that people dying and warlords on this planet have anything to do with intuition... Intuition is more of the ability to do pattern recognition. Intuition is to tag a present experience in your mind with a previous one. Usually intuition gives you the ability to understand complex ideas and relate to things that you haven't even experienced yet. What you are experiencing sounds like a feeling mostly. A feeling that you need to do something good and help people on a large scale. That usually happens when the ego dissolves... (More a combination of extravertion + thinking) I'm not kidding... But you must not feel pity for others. Philosophically, you are not in control of anything... And everything serves a purpose, every soul has a checklist (personal experience) to complete based on karma. The trick is to help as much as you can but remember that there are certain things that are not under your control so even though you help others, you must feel no pity. AKA, the good old saying be strong and giving. Also, if a system is perfect then there is no diversity or anything left to experience. It's a false assumption that a perfect system is needed to evolve. A perfect system is an error in itself. Because if you start thinking one way only then you might as well become a dictator. There is a fine line between idealism and dictatorship. I'm sure your intuition can relate this example to many many movies that are coming out lately or to other higher thinking concepts.... Glad to here you like to give though. Just keep those idealistic tendencies under check. It's a good thing to have, just don't let it mind warp you into Mussolini (Unless that IS your life experience...). I used to think that way as an ENTP and now find myself more balanced with 2% extravertion only. Ultimately everyone should be in the middle, but that would be idealism and no one would learn anything....

·
Banned
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey buddy,

Personally I don't think that people dying and warlords on this planet have anything to do with intuition... Intuition is more of the ability to do pattern recognition. Intuition is to tag a present experience in your mind with a previous one. Usually intuition gives you the ability to understand complex ideas and relate to things that you haven't even experienced yet. What you are experiencing sounds like a feeling mostly. A feeling that you need to do something good and help people on a large scale. That usually happens when the ego dissolves... (More a combination of extravertion + thinking) I'm not kidding... But you must not feel pity for others. Philosophically, you are not in control of anything... And everything serves a purpose, every soul has a checklist (personal experience) to complete based on karma. The trick is to help as much as you can but remember that there are certain things that are not under your control so even though you help others, you must feel no pity. AKA, the good old saying be strong and giving. Also, if a system is perfect then there is no diversity or anything left to experience. It's a false assumption that a perfect system is needed to evolve. A perfect system is an error in itself. Because if you start thinking one way only then you might as well become a dictator. There is a fine line between idealism and dictatorship. I'm sure your intuition can relate this example to many many movies that are coming out lately or to other higher thinking concepts.... Glad to here you like to give though. Just keep those idealistic tendencies under check. It's a good thing to have, just don't let it mind warp you into Mussolini (Unless that IS your life experience...). I used to think that way as an ENTP and now find myself more balanced with 2% extravertion only. Ultimately everyone should be in the middle, but that would be idealism and no one would learn anything....
Well, its not really a feeling. i apologize if it came off as confusing, its more of an idea. its one o f the constant strains of ideas that run through my head. No, i dont really want to be mussolini, its about how i can make the Africa thing a reality. I have ideas, and i connect the dots to figure out how to bring the idea to life. Its just one of the many things i have become obsessed with. im new to mbti, but it seems like intuitives get obsessed with ideas, just from what i have been reading.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts