Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday made me realize the differences in our (INFJ) thought processes. I would say that my intuition is my strongest trait - it just feels natural, almost like unconscious thinking. I'm going to share a story that occurred to me yesterday relating to intuition.

I was browsing my Facebook home feed when all of the sudden I came across my friend claiming he recently got into a relationship with this girl. The status update had plenty congratulatory comments. Out of curiosity, I clicked the girl she was in a relationship with. After browsing two pictures, my intuition immediately told me that this 'girl' is a fake profile. I had no idea how I concluded with that, but it was simply a hunch for a lack of better reason. And hey, I felt pretty bad for myself because maybe I thought the girl was far too perfect to be with my friend. Perfect meaning socially favored girls with unbelievable measurements, pretty face, and slim waist.

Suffice to say, I copied the image URL of the Facebook picture and went to Google images to search for the picture. As it turns out, the girl on Facebook who claimed to be a certain name was actually a 16-year old model who goes by a different name. I messaged my friend about it. Long story short, I pulled him away from the creeper imitating the 16-year old model, whom he apparently had been conversing with for nearly 2 months. After hitting him with the news, my friend had a sigh of relief, but you could tell he was heartbroken. Its scary how a creeper can make you emotionally connect with him through Facebook messaging.

I felt that my unique sense of intuition ultimately helped my friend from being made a fool from this creeper. Its fascinating how my mind analysed the situation unconsciously and I somehow came to a conclusion that the girl was a fake profile by simply looking at two pictures. Perhaps it was the genuine lack of sincere comments on her pictures.. or the way she responded to the compliments. Who knows. But man, it felt pretty damn good to help a good friend with my intuition.

If you have any stories relating to something like this, feel free to share! Just thought I'd share this story somewhere.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
It's interesting how often this seems to occur--a while ago there was this pro athlete in the news who had an online "girlfriend" who had turned out to be another catfish (and it's interesting how easily the victim is willing to believe what is told to them--and that they are the last to catch on to what's going on).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts