Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I know I have experienced this at times with some people in my life (typically N types or dominant N types) and I was wondering if others have experienced it.

Its rather hard for me to find words to perfectly describe it but I'll refer to it as "intuitive conversation".

Have you ever talked with someone where it is as if the words just perfectly flow from your head and out through your mouth and it almost feels beyond your control? And its as if by the end of the conversation you have this mystical vision as to how everything perfectly has flown together in the past and will continue. Its like this sudden "knowing" within the discussion between two people that you are in the right place in your life and at the right time followed by perhaps a slight vision as to what is yet to come. And its almost like this perfect mutual understanding between the two in conversation and it ends with a sudden realization that goes beyond thought.

Sorry, its so difficult to put into words, but it has felt like a emotionless, thoughtless, completely N guided conversation. I can only think of a few people where I've had conversations like this. One being a female ENTP friend of mine that I've known my whole life -- when she's being "boring" we easily have the best philosophical conversations that feel like this. I noticed this came up with a male ENTP that I met as well.

I'm trying to think of other types that I've KNOWN I've had experiences like this with but those two are the only ones that really stand out in my mind. I know with fellow NFs I've had more deep heartfelt conversations but maybe not where it flowed so well.

Its like talking without the need to really explain every little detail as I do with most people because there is a simple mutual KNOWING... followed by, perhaps, a paradox is the way to describe it.

So anyway... can anybody relate? Or possibly just rephrase this better for me?? :crazy:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would much rather have a conversation with another intuitive type. Verbal words just don't seem to flow well from my mouth, but I do have an ENTP friend who gets what I say without all the filler. I think it's because I "image" at him and he catches it. I don't know what type my boss is, but with my N connection to him, we communicate well. It seems that when he is clear headed, I understand what he wants to convey, with fewer words, than when he is tired and muddled and has to use a lot of words. Sometimes I want to say "just get an image in your mind and I'll take it from there." (Haven't quite come out of the closet that much yet.) My best friend of many years is an ESFJ and we communicate well without many words. Sometimes without ANY words. Makes life interesting, huh?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Intuitive conversation's, most definitely. I don't believe I could put it in any better words than you already have. I remember one friend of mine that we didn't even have to speak we already knew what each other was thinking. Have you ever seen the movie "the way of the gun" it was kinda like the two guy's in that movie. But that is kinda off track as to what you are getting at

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would much rather have a conversation with another intuitive type. Verbal words just don't seem to flow well from my mouth, but I do have an ENTP friend who gets what I say without all the filler. I think it's because I "image" at him and he catches it. I don't know what type my boss is, but with my N connection to him, we communicate well. It seems that when he is clear headed, I understand what he wants to convey, with fewer words, than when he is tired and muddled and has to use a lot of words. Sometimes I want to say "just get an image in your mind and I'll take it from there." (Haven't quite come out of the closet that much yet.) My best friend of many years is an ESFJ and we communicate well without many words. Sometimes without ANY words. Makes life interesting, huh?
With an ESFJ?! Dang I've never been able to manage that with one of that type... wish I could because it probably would've prevented some conflicts.

I must say that I do love those moments where it was with my ENTP girl friend that I've known my whole life or my dad, who I know is an N of some sort, or whoever else. Like we will be talking and then it gets to a point in the conversation where its like there is nothing else to say and I can just "sense" what we both feel.\

People that I can connect with like that fascinate me... because I'll have people out there that may think I'm not very sensitive or that I'm aloof and then they'll be people like that who will easily see my compassion, dreams and desires and I never even had to say anything.

I can think of an ENFJ English teacher of mine that was like that as well a little bit... that's one more that came to mind.
Just amazing stuff though who I'm sure some people have never experienced...

Reactions: murderegina

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I do this sometimes.
I used to do it more than I do now unfortunately...

with close friends I can tell them when it happens... it is almost like you are creating your words as you say them.
where most other times we talk it can feel very "planned"

sometimes it flows INto my mind as well.
thats when I get all happy.
I feel when it flows out it is our mental processes working entirely for another's feelings. rather than simply our own.
I tend to feel better with my own dialogue though. I am selfish that way.
but using my powers for good is always wonderful too.

:laughing::happy::dry::wink::crazy::laughing::happy: ...:mellow:
what's with all the faces. lol

sorry had to throw a little random in their to mix it up a bit.

·
Registered
347 Posts
You should hear the conversations between my INFJ husband and I. There's a lot of trailing off and vague descriptions of things on my part, but he's able to make the leaps and connect the dots in my logic and know exactly what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have you ever talked with someone where it is as if the words just perfectly flow from your head and out through your mouth and it almost feels beyond your control? And its as if by the end of the conversation you have this mystical vision as to how everything perfectly has flown together in the past and will continue. Its like this sudden "knowing" within the discussion between two people that you are in the right place in your life and at the right time followed by perhaps a slight vision as to what is yet to come. And its almost like this perfect mutual understanding between the two in conversation and it ends with a sudden realization that goes beyond thought.

Its like talking without the need to really explain every little detail as I do with most people because there is a simple mutual KNOWING... followed by, perhaps, a paradox is the way to describe it.

So anyway... can anybody relate? Or possibly just rephrase this better for me?? :crazy:
I think you described it perfectly. Can I relate? YES! I love those kinds of conversations. Your description reminds me of the scene from "Contact," where Jodie Foster's character wakes up in her bubble on the beach with the blue sparkling sand and the strange galaxies and stars overhead and speaks to an alien that takes the form of her father. Hope you've seen that!

I also have a similar thing where I'm just telling someone something, or it's just me thinking to myself, and it's just brilliant or sublime and everything comes together. It's like "mounting up with eagle's wings," seeing everything, gathering speed, then glimpsing the infinite horizon as you zoom towards it. Or something like that, LOL

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with close friends I can tell them when it happens... it is almost like you are creating your words as you say them.
where most other times we talk it can feel very "planned"

sometimes it flows INto my mind as well.
thats when I get all happy.
I feel when it flows out it is our mental processes working entirely for another's feelings. rather than simply our own.
I tend to feel better with my own dialogue though. I am selfish that way.
but using my powers for good is always wonderful too.
Yeah... like for me its as if communicating 100% objectively with no personal thought or feeling -- just a mutual understanding that flows perfectly in the very moment.

It almost feels like I'm feeding off the other person to some extent........ but then again, would I even be feeding off of the other person or is it merely both people feeding off of an energy beyond both of us? hmm.

I'm pretty sure the last time I had a conversation like that was with a male ENTP interest a few months ago -- the conversation was a few weeks after he told me he didn't want to date anybody right now and would rather be free and not get somebody involved with his current crazy lifestyle. The conversation somehow flowed into talking about past relationships vaguely and ended with a sense of both of us having a mutual "knowing" that we are in the right place in our lives right now individually and shouldn't be dating anyone.
The irony is that we haven't really talked since then... perhaps because he knows that I know, deep down, I'm in the right place at this moment even though my feelings say different. Ha. Dang Fe I swear...:wink:

Reactions: GreenCoyote

·
Banned
359 Posts
Ok, so I know I have experienced this at times with some people in my life (typically N types or dominant N types) and I was wondering if others have experienced it.

Its rather hard for me to find words to perfectly describe it but I'll refer to it as "intuitive conversation".

Sorry, its so difficult to put into words, but it has felt like a emotionless, thoughtless, completely N guided conversation. I can only think of a few people where I've had conversations like this. One being a female ENTP friend of mine that I've known my whole life -- when she's being "boring" we easily have the best philosophical conversations that feel like this. I noticed this came up with a male ENTP that I met as well.

I'm trying to think of other types that I've KNOWN I've had experiences like this with but those two are the only ones that really stand out in my mind. I know with fellow NFs I've had more deep heartfelt conversations but maybe not where it flowed so well.

Well i can tell you that i didnt had such conversations in real world, but it somewhat kinda resemble the conversations i had in my imaginations.

lets see, an intuitive conversation will be on something not related to current happenings, but philosophical and guided by ideas, peeking into the future. It could be more on an intellectual side than a personal side.
What i have observed till now is there are very few people which can result in such conversations. And sometimes its close to nonexistent.and May be it has something to do with dominant iNtuition.

·
Registered
241 Posts
omg i love these...when i meet an "N" and we start talking and they spark 3 ideas in me and i have to decide which one to start with when i reply...it's just so exciting! i feel so buzzy afterwards...such a rush! :crazy:

·
Registered
693 Posts
Yes. This happens sometimes. Perhaps about 40 % of the time.

Reactions: thegirlcandance

·
Banned
5,008 Posts

Yes, no one seems to understand metaphors, symbolism, and analogies like other intuitives.

Reactions: thegirlcandance

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have an INFP friend who I find this happens with - he is the only person I have felt gets what I am on about.

The part about internal dialog is interesting - I find I can sort things out much more easily in dialog, either internal or with someone else. When I am preparing a presentation for work I find it very difficult to come up with the points logically - I find I just need to start talking about the subject and it all flows and from that I can go back to the bullet points.

Asking your self questions is a great way to move forward!

·
Registered
378 Posts
These conversations in which excessive explaining is not needed and the interaction feels effortless are rare but golden :) I've had them with an enfj, isfj and intp. We might use very vague language to describe something but I can intuit the meaning/essence of what's being said within the context of the situation and its relation to a greater web of connections which compound upon the significance of certain ideas. Instead of thinking too hard about a response and being worried about provoking incongruence, it's like my next proceeding thought is a natural extension of theirs; feeling doubly validated by the wonders of synchronicity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts