Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened to them ?

the only country whose presidents are typed the most is USA and here is a short list of their last presidents and their personality types .

Franklin D Roosevelt(ESTP)
Harry S. Truman(ESFJ)
Dwight D. Eisenhower(ISTJ)
John F. Kennedy(ESFP)
Lyndon B. Johnson(ESTP)
Richard Nixon(ISTJ)
Gerald Ford(ESFJ)
Jimmy Carter(ISFJ)
Ronald Reagan(ESFP)
George H. W. Bush(ISFJ)
Bill Clinton(ESFP)
George W Bush(ESTP)
Brack Obama(ENTP)

Is being a head of state an S thing ?

·
Registered
447 Posts
If you look at the percentage breakdown of xSxx compared to xNxx in the population, it's staggering:

Sensors make up 73% of the total population. The facts clearly show that we are living in a world of Sensors. The Intuition people make up 27%. I would actually say it is probably closer to 80% / 20% these days.
From this site here.

No wonder all the past presidents have been sensing, it makes up a huge chunk of the population. And we live in a sensing-feeling world, my friend.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
No wonder all the past presidents have been sensing, it makes up a huge chunk of the population. And we live in a sensing-feeling world, my friend.
Even then, however, you would expect 2-4 of our last 13 Presidents to have been Intuitors rather than just 1.

·
Registered
406 Posts
If you look at the percentage breakdown of xSxx compared to xNxx in the population, it's staggering:

From this site here.

80% of the population!? We must fight back against this sensor oppression! The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
Sensors make up the vast majority of the population, and are more "every man" types. They are more relatable. Politics is basically pageantry.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I'm gonna be honest with you, I don't think there's any significance there. Also, I'm not entirely sure those sensors are sensors.
Excuse me, but I have a great deal of respect for the source of those identifications, why would you sensor them like that?

·
SAY MY NAME
INTJ
8,476 Posts
Sensors are more likely to be conservatives (by which I don't mean being right wing. Conservative as in tending to favour what's already out there and stable and established, as opposed to radical, rejecting all mainstream ideology and fashioning one of your own). This means they are better suited to party politics, which is all about perpetuating the status quo ad infinitum. Whereas intuitives would tend to disfavour the lack of licence to express independent thought inherent in forming a cog in the party apparatus; sensors like it because it's the entrenched way of doing things. Sensors are not inherently better leaders than intuitives, it's just that the prevailing methods of governance are better suited to a sensor's preferences than to an intuitive's and so you see a domination by sensors as people tend to gravitate towards what they like.

A Jamaican academic, Christopher A.D. Charles, proposed a model applying to his country's democratic process. He called it the Leader Filtration Process, and it makes fascinating reading because all mainstream political parties operate along the exact same lines as the Jamaican ones Charles analyses. And it's in reading this that you can solve why sensors are more attracted to party politics - it's all about being down for the team, coming from the right background, respecting chain of command, doing what you're told to do. The freethinking intuitive, alluded to by Charles in the guise of the 'extreme leader', chafes in this controlled environment, and chafing and agitating is precisely the wrong way to go about career advancement in the political arena.

You can read Charles' publication here:https://www.academia.edu/8853731/Th...s_and_the_Low_Impact_Jamaican_Prime_Ministers

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

From this site here.

interesting that you raised that ...but the 80% 20% thing is kinda exaggeration don't you think .

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@The Shark
Sensors are more likely to be conservatives (by which I don't mean being right wing. Conservative as in tending to favour what's already out there and stable and established, as opposed to radical, rejecting all mainstream ideology and fashioning one of your own
thats more like an Si thing...i do not see sensors confusing intuition with Ni why are you guys repeating
the same mistake of confusing Sensation with Si .

·
Banned
1,428 Posts
the ONLY country whose presidents are typed THE MOST is USA

Klaus Johannis, ISTJ

Most Common MBTI Types Among Senior Managers

According to the MBTI Manual, the most common MBTI types found among Senior managers are:

ESTJ (22.8%)
ISTJ (20.7%)
ENTJ (17.7%)
INTJ (11.2%)

All together, these four MBTI types account for 72.4% of all executives.
Estimated Frequencies of Types - CAPT.org

Most top mangers are men. Most men are thinkers. Most thinkers are sensors and judgers. And intuitive thinkers are overrepresented in top management.

The Sixteen Types

Franklin D Roosevelt(ESTP)
Harry S. Truman(ESFJ)
Dwight D. Eisenhower(ISTJ)
John F. Kennedy(ESFP)
Lyndon B. Johnson(ESTP)
Richard Nixon(ISTJ)
Gerald Ford(ESFJ)
Jimmy Carter(ISFJ)
Ronald Reagan(ESFP)
George H. W. Bush(ISFJ)
Bill Clinton(ESFP)
George W Bush(ESTP)
Brack Obama(ENTP)
There is no agreement on the type indicators of the American presidents. Obama is neither ENTP nor ENFP, as in the pie chart above, for example. We lack reliable data.

·
Registered
447 Posts
interesting that you raised that ...but the 80% 20% thing is kinda exaggeration don't you think .
I agree. There's always people who haven't taken the test or didn't report their results. It's bound to be closer to a 70-30 split at least... hopefully.

N : 48%
S: 52%

A lot closer than I would have suspected. And it's contrary to the almost 2-to-1 ratio of S's vs N's in senior management positions. This is very interesting...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Klaus Johannis, ISTJ

Estimated Frequencies of Types - CAPT.org

Most top mangers are men. Most men are thinkers. Most thinkers are sensors and judgers. And intuitive thinkers are overrepresented in top management.

The Sixteen Types

There is no agreement on the type indicators of the American presidents. Obama is neither ENTP nor ENFP, as in the pie chart above, for example. We lack reliable data.
that chart is so wrong first of all ..i cant fathom the fact that 7% of US presidents were ISFPs come on .
we are the least to seek leadership positions of all 16 types .

those men were typed so in the Celebrity Types which is one of the most dependable reliable sources for
typing famous individuals .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts