Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
you are about to get ripped for this, but it's kind of true. sensors aren't simplistic or stupid but they think very straightforwardly, which leads to a lot of trade-offs. i think sensors do miss out from not being able to see outside the box as well, but an intuitive's world can get all confused from time to time, and often if.. say.. you're not in a career which requires intution it's really kinda useless and it's much easier being a sensor most of the time.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
People around me always says that I'm crazy, even my own best friends and sister (ENFP).

I think that explain my opinion. No, I don't believe that Sensors are simple and Intuitors are complex. Some Intuitors that I know IRL are boring, ordinary, and VERY predictable.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I find that sensors can be extremely complex, sometimes to the point of seeming magical and mysterious. I knew one once who always knew exactly how I was feeling without my having to say anything, and I felt like he could read my mind. He said that he did it by observing me visually. Is that even possible? I was sitting perfectly still, without making any intentional facial expressions.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I very much like your suggestion Appolio !

I have a very complicated ESFP "friend", though....
She's simplistic in her way to analyze people (bad/good, nice/manipulative etc...) but very complicated to go along with.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I very much like your suggestion Appolio !

I have a very complicated ESFP "friend", though....
She's simplistic in her way to analyze people (bad/good, nice/manipulative etc...) but very complicated to go along with.
There can be distortions, it ties in with bad experiences, shadow types. Sometimes context..

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
well no. because a strong sensor is more likely to think A -> B -> C, wheras an intuitive might just think ((*£&(&$£)$%.

i literally cannot imagine what goes on in the mind of a sensor. my ISFJ/P mom says she simply doesn't think about anything or might think about memories and things. that's just bizarre.
If your mom does the memory thing a lot I would say she is an SJ cause she would be using Si.

Also, I am a very simple person.

Reactions: Aero

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
Please Treebob, what's the memory thing of sensors?
Are you asking me the defintiion of Si?

Reviewing past experiences; "what is" evoking "what was"; seeking detailed information and links to what is known; recalling stored impressions; accumulating data; recognizing the way things have always been

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, I thought you were having a tip to recognize sensors through their memory skills. For example my sensor mom (probably ISFJ... or ISTJ) has a wonderful and rich memory

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ok, I thought you were having a tip to recognize sensors through their memory skills. For example my sensor mom (probably ISFJ... or ISTJ) has a wonderful and rich memory
My school age ESTP son has a better memory than I do. I have no short-term memory whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.