Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you noticed a lot of us kind of dress similar? I say we are very good at it.... but I'm intensly biased.... and that statement isn't even really true at all hahahaha. Just give me feedback and I'll explain what I mean.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry for the name of this thread. i just realized how douche baggy and biased it was xD .....

so sorry in advance. IIII personally like the apparent intuitive style better..... but obviously i am intuitive so....yea

ohhh superficial observations

·
The Doer King
13,681 Posts
umm yeah....what?

Reactions: L'Empereur

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmm. Do explain yourself further, dear fellow.
alright.... example..... and this is ridiculously generalized....

My impression of most intuitive women..... they tend to like these semi hipster looking dresses that make them look bohemian.... i have more evidence....but dont want to invade their privacy.

where as sensor women tend to dress more......

intuitive men seem to dress more.....

where as..... sensing men seem to dress more....

but it's kind of hard to get a sense what im talking about without loading you with a crap load of pictures of intuitives and sensors.

I have just noticed that there is a subtle different in the way N's dress. They don't match each other as much... or coordinate to a certain norm. They may even be more inclined to wear hipster stuff. If they don't then they wear whatever the heck they want. But I am talking about people that DO pay attention to what they wear.

With Sen...... I gotta go.... lol. Ill finish this later.

Reactions: Zic

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
umm yeah....what?
its not objective at all. It's extremely subjective and subtle. I wouldn't take it personally. Obviously sensors like the way they dress.

keep in mind..... that this is all VERY generalized.... like generalized out the ass hole. to the point where it's almost not valid. But i gotta go!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
alright.... example..... and this is ridiculously generalized....

My impression of most intuitive women..... they tend to like these semi hipster looking dresses that make them look bohemian.... i have more evidence....but dont want to invade their privacy.

where as sensor women tend to dress more......

intuitive men seem to dress more.....

where as..... sensing men seem to dress more....

but it's kind of hard to get a sense what im talking about without loading you with a crap load of pictures of intuitives and sensors.

I have just noticed that there is a subtle different in the way N's dress. They don't match each other as much... or coordinate to a certain norm. They may even be more inclined to wear hipster stuff. If they don't then they wear whatever the heck they want. But I am talking about people that DO pay attention to what they wear.

With Sen...... I gotta go.... lol. Ill finish this later.
Actually based on people I know...you're not completely off the mark from what I can tell, as far as generalizations can go anyway..... Your first female intuitive picture isn't showing up though, but yeah, the description sounds about right and definitely holds true for myself (an N) and my husand (an S)

Sensors dress more mainstream and intuitives dress more bohemian which is just another form of mainstream. Everything is mainstream from what I can tell. Including fighting the mainstream.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I notice some types are drawn to counter-culture more. It's not that they don't fit into any group (clearly, as you are able to categorize them), but they choose one below the mainstream taste, one they associate with certain ideas that appeal to them. I don't see this as any clear S/N divide. There are a lot of SFs & SPs who may choose quirkier dress for whatever reason. Some NTs seem very utilitarian. I see NJs who are quite polished & others totally oblivious to their appearance.

As far as NFs go, I definitely see a tendency in those who find value in aesthetics to use their dress as a way to express themselves, and this can result in quirky &/or very polished styles. I think beauty is often idealized by NFs also, and so there may be more attention paid than expected to it for people who supposedly don't focus on the tangible much.

I admit, I like an elegant, bohemian, slightly random on purpose look. It has NFP written all over it, but I can't help but be drawn to these things; they just appeal to me on a visceral & aesthetic level that I'm not interested in over analyzing. These marketers know who they're targeting, and I'm not above it :crazy: .

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Well, I'm wearing Tom's that are similar to this

But I bought them mostly because I like the company and what they stand for. I guess that's the most "hipster" thing I wear. This is my first pair of Tom's though, I just buy whatever I like at the moment.

On a normal day you'll probably find me wearing regular jeans and a plaid collared shirt.

To debunk your argument a little bit, the most hipster person I know is an ESTP friend of mine. And everyone loves her sense of fashion.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Yeah, I agree that ESTPs tend to be the most fashionable, all in all.

I could be more fashionable if I had more time...and I used to be quite the fashionista, too. But school and intellectual matters take priority over everything, sooo....

·
Registered
838 Posts
I may have seen where you're coming from if this thread was made years ago, but now that the whole hipster/indie scene is in, I doubt this is necessarily true. Everyone and their grandma dress in these "unique" way today, hardly confined to intuitives.

Since the stereotypical (and not necessarily true) image of an N is the whole weirdo/artist/hipster/bohemian/eccentric while the image of a S is conformist/mainstream/jock/cheerleader I can see where you're coming from...but again, even if we rely on the stereotype, I think the fad pretty much nullified it.

Basing on your picture, around 70% of my school was Ns. :crazy:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts

But I bought them mostly because I like the company and what they stand for. I guess that's the most "hipster" thing I wear. This is my first pair of Tom's though, I just buy whatever I like at the moment.
I have a pair of red Tom's that I just bought. I'll be honest and say that I never really know whether or not to actually trust those companies that claim to have philanthropic endeavors such as the one that Toms does, but I do like their shoes. Mostly because they're easy to put on and easy to take off and because I sometimes like things that are rather simple/plain.

<3

·
Banned
1,105 Posts
What category would an Army of Darkness t-shirt, slacks, and a pair of astronaut monkey converse throw me into?

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I have a pair of red Tom's that I just bought. I'll be honest and say that I never really know whether or not to actually trust those companies that claim to have philanthropic endeavors such as the one that Toms does, but I do like their shoes. Mostly because they're easy to put on and easy to take off and because I sometimes like things that are rather simple/plain.

<3

Those do manage to look comfy and NOT be hideous. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

<3
They're legitimate. My friend works for the firm that audits them.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

On a normal day you'll probably find me wearing regular jeans and a plaid collared shirt.

To debunk your argument a little bit, the most hipster person I know is an ESTP friend of mine. And everyone loves her sense of fashion.
Oh yea for sure. The most extreme hipsters I would say are the sensors. I would say that's why most people don't like hipsters.... it's because they copy off of each other and say they are orginal. Same thing with emo kids. Same thing with posers. It's all the same people. I think intuitives started off the trends trying to set themselves apart in society. Then sensors jumped on the boat but didn't understand the reasoning behind it. So they just took what was obvious. HMMMM OHHH EMO KIDS>...... OH THEY HAVE LONG HAIR..... OH THEY ARE SAD..... OH THEY CUT THEMSELVES. I bet you the orginal emo kids were prolly just really fuckin depressed INFP's and INFJ's. Could be wrong though. Same thing with hipsters. Originally I think it was just a different style. Now there are actual rules on how to be a hipster. So I can completely see an S being a hipster. I just think that N's are attracted to the style more because they like it.... not because everyone is doing it.

Reactions: Black Rabbit

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I may have seen where you're coming from if this thread was made years ago, but now that the whole hipster/indie scene is in, I doubt this is necessarily true. Everyone and their grandma dress in these "unique" way today, hardly confined to intuitives.

Since the stereotypical (and not necessarily true) image of an N is the whole weirdo/artist/hipster/bohemian/eccentric while the image of a S is conformist/mainstream/jock/cheerleader I can see where you're coming from...but again, even if we rely on the stereotype, I think the fad pretty much nullified it.

Basing on your picture, around 70% of my school was Ns. :crazy:
yessss refer to what i said to troisi : )

1 - 20 of 27 Posts