Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there's this questionnaire and I answered it. Help me find out my type.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I’m not sure if I am a P or a J. I make to-do lists. However, I don’t plan on how I should complete my lists. I’m just like, “Okay, this is what I will do for today.” If I accomplish it, then yay but if not, it’s not really a big deal for me. I don’t plan on a daily basis but I plan my future. Like, what I should do for the next 5 years to achieve my goal. Also, I tend to work at the last minute. My motto is I put the pro in procrastination. Play before work is the key to energize self.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Success. I feel as though I’m in constant competition with my friends, my siblings and myself. I feel like I always have to be better to reach the top. I will only be satisfied with my life when I feel as though I’m contented with what I have and what I know and of course, when I have completed all my life goals.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
- When I was reading Catcher in the Rye. I was mesmerized at how real Holden Caulfield is. Real in a sense that he sees right through people and their load of crap. Even though he’s a fictional character, I was glad to know that I’m not the only one who thinks like that. I thought I was just a person full of hate but turns out, a lot people are just.. worth judging.
- When I told this one teacher that I hate to stfu.
- The fact that I actually managed to change some of my classmates’ attitudes back in elementary and highschool. I had to go use rough ways but it was all worth it.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Pretty people and people who are liked and easy-going.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
It’s mostly if a certain decision I’m about to make will benefit me or not. If yes, in what ways. If not, then what’s the point?

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I like to have control of the outcome, but it never really turns out that way lmao. I mainly focus on the fact that I Have To Finish This Project even if it will take me forever to finish.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I was 19 and my friends and I are just drinking out stress away. Amazingly, even though I was turnt (lol) I actually remembered new people I’ve met and what happened during those nights.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Read more and ask more. I don’t memorize things. I suck at memorizing things mostly because I don’t enjoy it so I just basically get the main idea and work it from there.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I’m not that organized with my thoughts? I mean, yes I have my own beliefs and I would stick to it. I always know what I want. I would make plans on the how but just general ideas and I’m never sure on how to execute my plans. Example: I’m about to finish university soon, right? I plan to take up my masters degree in Psychology so I plan to work, save money and study again but right now, I haven’t even applied to any jobs yet so how the heckie am I going to follow this plan.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
First, I try to see if it makes sense. If it doesn’t then I won’t waste my time on it. If it is, then I would try to look for more information about it.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I always stand up for what I believe in even if sometimes, I tend to hurt other people. But yknow, if you cant handle the truth then you can’t handle anything at all.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I tend to speak before thinking. When something catches my interest, I just give side comments. I prefer one on one communication since I can actually speak lol during group discussions, I’m usually the one who listens while I judge everyone based on what theyre saying.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Second. Yes, action speaks louder than words. People should stop looking and start seeing. You think I believe what u say but I actually see right through you.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Depends if I have money and where we’re going and who are we going with.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I just want to drink. I’m cranky af. I snap at people and my friends try to make sure that they don’t do/say anything dumb in front of me because I WILL call them dumb. I withdraw myself from others because I feel like they will just stress me out more.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When people:
- conform to the society’s norms even though society is fcked up
- are being hypocrites
- are being stupid
- act with their feelings. I know you’re being nice but you’re also being stupid.
- are being social climbers. U cant be at the top bc you just reached rock bottom by being one.
17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Society and its misconceptions

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life?
Romance.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
They always tell me I’m mysterious. They never know I’m thinking. However, they always talk as if they know me. They don’t know that I am more aware of my surroundings than what I appear to be. I like observing people. Their habits, their reactions, how they speak.. everything. I can also easily tell when they're lying or not. It just shows. I’m just happy-go-lucky in general. I go with the flow. I forget a lot of things. My friends think that I forget those things because Im just merely forgetful but they don’t know that I don’t absorb things that are not important in my life. If it matters to me, I remember every single detail. I even remember things from when I was 3 years old just because it was an important memory for me. A lot of them try to manipulate me but they don’t know that I am aware. I just go with what they’re doing to see where it takes them.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Eat, watch my tv showz and read and sleep. The Good Life. During good days, I would probably work out.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Maybe one issue is narrowing yourself down too far. I think you're INFP or even ENFP, but not an INTx type at all. I think you do use Te-Fi, but the Te is not dominant. Look at the obsession with planning for the future and the follow-through. That's exactly like my INFP mother--until she loses the precise list she wanted! It's a classic inferior Te behavior. You also do seem to emphasize standing up for what you believe in, which is also very typical of high-Fi users.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe one issue is narrowing yourself down too far. I think you're INFP or even ENFP, but not an INTx type at all. I think you do use Te-Fi, but the Te is not dominant. Look at the obsession with planning for the future and the follow-through. That's exactly like my INFP mother--until she loses the precise list she wanted! It's a classic inferior Te behavior. You also do seem to emphasize standing up for what you believe in, which is also very typical of high-Fi users.

I don't think I'm an INFx though and I'm pretty sure I'm not ENFx lmao. When I plan and make decisions, it doesn't involve other people. I just plan to make sure that I will be successful in the future. I stand up for what I believe in because I think it's the right one. If others try to prove me wrong, I am prepared with evidences to defend myself.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I don't think I'm an INFx though and I'm pretty sure I'm not ENFx lmao. When I plan and make decisions, it doesn't involve other people. I just plan to make sure that I will be successful in the future. I stand up for what I believe in because I think it's the right one. If others try to prove me wrong, I am prepared with evidences to defend myself.
Not involving other people on its own just points away from Fe toward Fi. Most Fi users (xxFPs) don't--they will prioritize their own values over what others expect of them. Feeling is your most clearly differentiated function, and it's Fi>Fe. Yeah, you're pretty clearly on the Fi-Te axis, and your response makes it clear your not on the Ne-Si axis. Should have gotten that from your answers to #8 and #9. Your drive for success and focus on particular veins of thought/action is more Se-Ni. Still think you're Fi>Te. ISFP.

BTW, I never would have suggested any of the FJ types for you. It's TJ or FP that use Fi-Te/Te-Fi.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Could you specify what you mean by planning for the future? you sound like some kind of ISTP. next guess would be intp

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could you specify what you mean by planning for the future? you sound like some kind of ISTP. next guess would be intp
i always think about where i want to live after i graduate uni and which places im going to visit and what am i taking up for my masters degree.. that kind of stuff. it really gets to me tbh

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I seen Fi thru that entire thing. That rules out INTP. (I didnt see any INTP)

Your kind of a bit sporadic I cannot decide if your ISTJ or ISFP (but those are the functions I am seeing) what you say is important vs your impression of yourself seem to be hard to nail down.

I see ZERO INTJ.

And I did not read anything that sounded ISTP because there was like bleeding of Fi in there in my opinion.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Not involving other people on its own just points away from Fe toward Fi. Most Fi users (xxFPs) don't--they will prioritize their own values over what others expect of them. Feeling is your most clearly differentiated function, and it's Fi>Fe. Yeah, you're pretty clearly on the Fi-Te axis, and your response makes it clear your not on the Ne-Si axis. Should have gotten that from your answers to #8 and #9. Your drive for success and focus on particular veins of thought/action is more Se-Ni. Still think you're Fi>Te. ISFP.

BTW, I never would have suggested any of the FJ types for you. It's TJ or FP that use Fi-Te/Te-Fi.
This this this is what I saw too, I wrote my post before I even read this.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I seen Fi thru that entire thing. That rules out INTP. (I didnt see any INTP)

Your kind of a bit sporadic I cannot decide if your ISTJ or ISFP (but those are the functions I am seeing) what you say is important vs your impression of yourself seem to be hard to nail down.

I see ZERO INTJ.

And I did not read anything that sounded ISTP because there was like bleeding of Fi in there in my opinion.
just because someone is individualistic or hates society, shallow people whatever it does not mean they are automatically Fi. Fi is more than just hating everybody lol. i have seen tons of intps talk the same way she does, about conforming to society, expectations, etc. it is so much more common in people as well as "speaking my mind", it doesn't all have to be related to that, it just means she is an independent introvert, and Ti can be the same way

look if you need proof this is a person who (whether or not they are) IDENTIFIES with enneagram 8. there is no way any ixfp will even think of agreeing with the enneagram 8 description. there's always a chance/possibility, but still

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
just because someone is individualistic or hates society, shallow people whatever it does not mean they are automatically Fi. Fi is more than just hating everybody lol. i have seen tons of intps talk the same way she does, about conforming to society, expectations, etc. it is so much more common in people as well as "speaking my mind", it doesn't all have to be related to that, it just means she is an independent introvert, and Ti can be the same way

look if you need proof this is a person who (whether or not they are) IDENTIFIES with enneagram 8. there is no way any ixfp will even think of agreeing with the enneagram 8 description. there's always a chance/possibility, but still
You ran with alot of assumptions there. Trust me I didnt think she was Fi because she claims to hate society, or apparently independently think as you put it. I really dont even know how you drew so many assumptions based on what little I said.

You relate yourself alot to your apparent speaking of mind, sorry but Fi does not get dibs on speaking their mind, and Fe doesnt mean we all love society. Being ironic or counter culture doesnt say anything more about indpeendent thinking then people that think with course of chain reactions in a group, Inferior Fe isnt exactly that high up there on trying to impress a group, we just dont usually try and make statements to be ironically counter culture.

I NEVER suggested that Fi people have the monopoly on noticing societal patterns or being the only people that have an ability to see superficial things -lol get over yourself.

The Fi I saw was more the values placed in the decision making over and over. Ok well this was fun, see Fe can be honest too.

·
Registered
940 Posts
You ran with alot of assumptions there. Trust me I didnt think she was Fi because she claims to hate society, or apparently independently think as you put it. I really dont even know how you drew so many assumptions based on what little I said.

You relate yourself alot to your apparent speaking of mind, sorry but Fi does not get dibs on speaking their mind, and Fe doesnt mean we all love society. Being ironic or counter culture doesnt say anything more about indpeendent thinking then people that think with course of chain reactions in a group, Inferior Fe isnt exactly that high up there on trying to impress a group, we just dont usually try and make statements to be ironically counter culture.

I NEVER suggested that Fi people have the monopoly on noticing societal patterns or being the only people that have an ability to see superficial things -lol get over yourself.

The Fi I saw was more the values placed in the decision making over and over. Ok well this was fun, see Fe can be honest too.
hahaha how can i take you seriously when you can't even read my post? to your 2nd paragraph where you said "sorry but Fi does not get dibs on speaking their mind" I SAID Ti likes to speak its mind and doesn't have to love society.
exactly a lot of those things just show she is an independent minded person which doesn't mean anything. i hold my tongue back a lot to avoid conflict. there are barely any answers on how they make decisions so i don't know what you saw. this person could be Fi but i still think Ti is a possibility

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
hahaha how can i take you seriously when you can't even read my post? to your 2nd paragraph where you said "sorry but Fi does not get dibs on speaking their mind" I SAID Ti likes to speak its mind and doesn't have to love society.
exactly a lot of those things just show she is an independent minded person which doesn't mean anything. i hold my tongue back a lot to avoid conflict. there are barely any answers on how they make decisions so i don't know what you saw. this person could be Fi but i still think Ti is a possibility
Honestly I was questioning how to take you serious considering you responded to a general statement on my random meandering opinion on why I seen Fi not Fe, and you went into boasting yourself and elaborating on conclusions you drew I never said in my first statement. I am not sure why you would be so concerned with what I see or dont see and that obsessed with trying to argue it. Do you see me trying to bother you with what your right or wrong about (even tho clearly we disagree), I am not making it a point to get in a petty disagreement, I am responding to someone challenging me on whether they can take me serious while most of what they dribbled out at me in the first place was a bunch of self inflating contradictions. "Just because we Fi are 'so' original and awesome (you might as well of said while you went on and on on your awesomeness-)doesnt mean that Ti cant be there to"

I was wondering if you were a troll based on how obnoxious this entire exchange has been. Dont worry I will not speak again with you on it. I concede. Based on I simply cannot stand the torture on nonsensical discussion. Read my original post and then read how you responded then think of how you sound speaking-would you take yourself serious if you were someone else getting a quote like that.

And yes btw she answered continually on how she would respond and problem solve based on her values and views and what was in it for her or how she felt-(not on anything outside herself it all revolved around her she said it over and over- what she deemed right or wrong, or what she felt like or felt not like (thats not Fe or Ti-even Ti uses the Fe to examine outside that). Fi leads however function with gut reactions on what they feel about how things sit with their values or their situations. Te leads usually have the ability to be big picture and use their Fi, same with Fe leads with Ti later, usually Ti leads, or Fi leads struggle mor with bigger picture thinking-but Fi leads obviously more (isnt it obvious why Fi lead would scream this out?) notice when I explained my view I did not get all ostentatious about snowflaking my specific type- theres plenty of downs sides to all types. As I said Te & Fe leads tend to be the best big picture thinkers (I didnt snowflke my own type either) but did explain some of my rationale.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

thanks for your input! I actually tried enneagram a few weeks back and tested as type 8.

·
Registered
940 Posts
thanks for your input! I actually tried enneagram a few weeks back and tested as type 8.
ya np :happy: i'm not sure what else to add but if i had to answer the very first question you had, p or j, i think you sound more P.

if you are considering Fi as well the Fi and Ti descriptions can be really confusing, or at least they were for me. it's hard to apply that to yourself since you only see a paragraph on it. it might be easier to just read about ixfp and ixtp and see which you relate to more, or how other people see you. again it can be confusing because they can both come off as cold/reserved since they are introverts.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts