Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. The first time I took the official MBTI test I got INTJ with a 1 for J. Then I took various online tests and kept alternating between INTJ and INTP. I decided to take the MBTI test again, but I got INTP with P in the teens. I kept taking more online tests, and ended up with either 1-25 for J or 1-25 for P approximately. I got tired of this nonsense and just called my self an INTX. Anyone else out there feel like they're an INTX?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the problem. I can't self-analyze because I think both fit me almost to the dot. I also don't think that introverted and extraverted functions are mutually exclusive.

·
Banned
349 Posts
This question is not new in the forum. You can't be really an INTX because the last letter, P/J, is the most important. If you change it, you change all your cognitive functions. The problem with MBTI and its tests is that MBTI is primarily based in behavior, not its cause. A P person could be very ordered and a J could procrastinate, the usual is the opposite but this is not as strange as it could seem.

Take a look to this thread:

http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/24022-public-service-announcement-five-common-functional-misconceptions.html

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AAAAAAhhhhh. SOOOOOO HELPFUL! Congratulations MensSuperMateriam! You get my first thanks!!!:crazy: But now I have to change my signature... I might be changing my mind...:mellow:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
If you're quoting Socrates in your sig, then I'll have to concur with your assessment.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Taking a enneagram test may help you find out more about yourself. I for example didn't know if INTP was a good description for me because of my aggressiveness but then the Enneagram tests showed I was a type 8 which answered most of my questions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts