Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What are your experiences with ESXPs? I'm curious as to how INTJs, or INXJs in general, interact with the types that possess dominant and inferior functions that are the opposites of our own.

Mine, personally, have been very mixed. ESFPs I can usually interact with perfectly fine, although attempting to have any kind of cerebral conversation with them is futile. This is most likely due to our shared Fi-Te axis, yet our opposing dominant and inferior functions. ESTPs, on the other hand, I have generally found difficult to interact with, simply due to the fact that many of them seem to view social interaction as a game of emotional one-upmanship.

Both, generally, are incapable of accepting how 'small' they, and everyone else, is. Subsequently, they try to develop 'larger than life' personalities, attempting to think only of the present moment (dominant Se) as a way of compensating for their own inability to accept the existential and purpose-driven nature of their inferior Ni.

As a result, whenever an INTJ such as myself interacts with them, our dominant Ni renders them anxious, and they may begin lashing out.

These are my deductions from my interactions with ESXPs. What else have you observed about interacting with ESXPs?

·
Registered
INTJ
1,359 Posts
They are quick to be offended and take what I say very personally. They react, think, then come back and apologize, if at all.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
ESFPs are fun as fuck, ESTPs are a mixed bag. Of course, an unhealthy person is rarely fun to interact with.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I can't think of many bad experiences I've had with ESxPs. I have gotten frustrated with them a couple of times, but generally they're fun to have around (in moderate doses). I have an ESTP mate who's a good guy to hang out with. I'm acquainted with a couple more ESTPs and they are pretty cool. I've dated two ESFPs before (not at the same time) and both times it was an exciting, albeit fleeting, relationship.

When we get on, it's usually because they help me loosen up a bit. When we don't, it's usually because their disregard of foresight ceases to be amusing and starts becoming annoying.

One thing I can say for sure is: ESxPs sure know how to have a good time.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
One thing I can say for sure is: ESxPs sure know how to have a good time.
An ESTP I know is the most hilarious group leaders or party host I know, just non-stop banter out of every orifice :D

Some people hate it though which is understandable, one flavour doesnt fit everyone.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,416 Posts
On the whole, I ADORE ESxPs. Those with underdeveloped tertiary functions can be a bit of a pain, but on the whole, I think they're great. I do butt heads with my ESTP friend frequently, because she has really weird, misguided Fe. She lashes out at others when she's upset with herself, and I'm not the kind to sit there and take that. She ends up being mad about things I said WEEKS ago.

ESFPs, on the other hand....I would marry a well-developed ESFP woman in a HEARTBEAT. An ESFP guy, maybe not. But ESFP girls are incredible lmao

·
Registered
250 Posts
I tend to avoid ESFPs cause I usually find them superficial and annoying.But some ESFPs (like my mom) are so compassionate,genuinely good people and emotionally mature and you can't not appreciate a person like that.. I just don't actually enjoy conversing with them.They enjoy talking about completely different things and in completely different ways than me.

I tend to really dislike ESTPs. They appear warm to people that don't know them cause of their Se but they are actually very cold-hearted in most cases. I do appreciate though how practical and goal oriented they are. Also I don't usually enjoy conversing with them.
My ESTP brother is extremely intelligent so I don't dislike him.Every personality type can be likable to me if the person is intelligent enough.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ESFP's are draining to be around. They're fun, but always have to be the center of attention and you can't have a real conversation with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts