Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all :) I joined this site a year or two ago but never really posted much. At the time I was almost sure I was an INFP, but I'm starting to doubt myself. I'm still pretty sure I'm IN (though I may be wrong about that too) but I'm confused about F/T J/P. I did do some research on the cognitive functions, but I'm still pretty unsure since I can relate to both types pretty well. If anyone could help me figure this out that would be great. Thank you for your time :)

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
That's a bit hard to explain. I guess I've been considering the possibility of me being T instead of F because I tend to try to use reason when I can, where as INFP's are supposed to be one of the less logical/reasonable types (could just be a stereotype though...) and I sometimes get annoyed when others are illogical or blatantly overly emotional. Even though I feel very strong emotions I tend to hide it. The J/P confuses me because I feel like I can relate to very well to both but I feel that I don't relate well to either. If that even makes any sense haha. I like having structure but I also like to keep things open and I'm very indecisive.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Again, that's hard for me to explain in words. I'd really love to be with a group of people who care for, listen to, accept me. People that aren't necessarily the same as me, but that I could still relate to. I'd also like to have a better sense of direction as to what I want to do with my life that's still an achievable goal. I don't want my life to be absolutely perfect, because that would be boring, I just want it to be better.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
Being in love with someone who seemed to love me back. My lowest point was probably when I realized they were more in love with someone else.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
People who I feel are "better" than me (more popular, more attractive, better social skills, smarter, etc.), my shyness, my more annoying imperfections, just many things.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
It depends. If it's more of a people based decision I think of them and their feelings, if it's something that I think should be logic based I try to use that.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Not sure what my "emphasis" would be. If it's a group project I usually let them take the lead to avoid any conflict, but if I'm doing it alone I'd definitely like to have control and would prefer people not interfere unless they're being genuinely helpful.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I remember last year when my friends and I had a late night drive to a lake. We got out and walked around by the water and just talked about things. I don't quit know why, but that was a pretty great night :) There are also a few concerts I went to where I had an amazing time. Just the energy of everyone there and emotion of the music is great.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Another one I honestly can't answer very well...

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I really love organization, but not cleaning. I have my books in alphabetical order and my closet is color coordinated, but my room is a complete mess.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I usually try to understand the principles first and if I feel the need to I'll look for information and facts after that.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
More so the first one, but if it comes down to it I'd rather be able to be myself and stick to my beliefs as long as it isn't truly needlessly hurting anyone.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I usually do a lot of thinking before speaking and I definitely feel more comfortable with one on one discussions.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Do actions speak more than words?
I usually like to know what I'm getting in to. I like to be able to think things out if it's a major decision. As for the seconds question, I want to say yes for most situations but I really think it depends.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
It depends on if I feel like hanging out with anyone ore not

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get anxious and sometimes even depressed because of all the stress. I also tend to get a bit cold and can sometimes get snappy, but it's pretty rare that I really take it out on others.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Ignorance, being judgmental, being rude, people who lie or hurt others unnecessarily. Though I guess those would be based on what MY perception of what ignorance, rudeness, etc. is, which almost makes it a bit unfair since behavior I would call "rude" could be someone else's "normal and acceptable".

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
The world in general, the universe, ideas, spirituality (not religious, but I like ponder ideas), life, why things are the way they are, psychology, just my thoughts in general (I'm not always great when it comes to talking about my feelings though), but I only enjoy talking about those things with the few people I'm comfortable with. I also like to talk about things like my favorite music/musicians and I love ranting and telling stories of the weird things that happen in my life ^_^

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Not sure, since I don't pay much attention to them..

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I often get from my close friends that I'm overly nice, compassionate, and also can be a bit confusing (they don't know the half of it :p) and that I think a lot, I've even had some call me a "deep thinker", but I guess that could depend on what your definition of "deep" is. Because I sometimes won't do things I should because I don't want to hurt others or cause unnecessary conflict I've also been called naive and irrational. I'm not always that nice of a person, I probably seem rather cold when I'm annoyed or upset with someone and I've said some pretty rude behind the backs of people who have done things to make me mad. I also feel a lot of resentment towards people, especially people I care about that have done something to upset me, even if it is minuscule. I really don't think I'm naive. I often realize the intentions of others and don't always have much hope for people, it's just hard for me to call them out on it, especially when it's someone that I'd rather give the benefit of the doubt (even if in my gut I know I'm wrong for it).

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Knowing me I'll probably just stay home on the computer. But if I do feel like doing something I'd probably just go to the movies, talk to a friend, or go to a local concert if one was playing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts