Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wink::wink::wink::wink:

We all have them. I've been seeing a trend in the INFJ forum about the types of irrational fears we have.

But what about YOU guys?

Some IxTJs I've known IRL have really random irrational fears. One of my friends (ISTJ)... i have the funniest memory of her from high school, the way she reacted to a hamster pet another friend had in her house (she let it out so it started 'exploring" lets just say). She visibly freaked out and i was so surprised how she was lol

And after that had passed, she explained "it's my irrational fear."

What aout you guys, what are your irrational fears and how do you explain them to other people?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I used to be really obsessed with rabies. I heard that it was THE most painful way to die, and that it's very easy to get bitten by rabid bats without knowing it, so I spent a few months obsessively googling videos and images of people dying from rabies (and animals too), reading about symptoms, cases, etc.

Every time I had a scratch or an itch on my hand, etc, I freaked out, staying up all night obsessing over the fact that I could've been infected.

It was so bad, I actually went to the doctor asking for shots because I thought I had a bat bite, due to a scratch on my hand. (A few days earlier, a huge moth fluttered in my face, but I thought it was a bat)

This was when I was 16, so I'm way past over it. :crazy: I even wrote comedy pieces poking fun at my old phobia.

The bright side is that now I know ALL about rabies, so I can do everything possible to minimize the risk of exposure/infection when I travel or deal with animals.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Intriguing. I have a friend who's ISTJ (tested) and she is has a phobia of the color white. Throw her a white Frisbee and she will run in utter terror.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Oh, and a coworker of mine that is ENFJ (tested as well), is afraid of everything. EVERYTHING. From flying to swimming at the beach. She's told me she's afraid of insects, the dark, driving too fast, and she takes things the wrong way if she hasn't known you that long. example:

Going on lunch break.
Me: I'm not sure where to eat. I know a friend that close by. Let's hit em up and see what he says.
Her: *freaks out* "What do you mean hit?!"
Me: Uhh. I mean call him.

She's told me that she's always been that way. No trauma in her life. She's just like that.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I'm irrationally scared of abandonment, rejection and vulnerability.

As to more "concrete" fears, I'm scared of taking a shower when no one's in the house, and I'm scared of insects in fruits, which is why I always open them before eating them. :tongue:

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm freakin' terrified of spiders and any bugs with more than 6 legs. Like centipedes, millipedes.. Pretty much any creepy-crawly. It's really weird cause I love snakes, mice, rats, and stuff like that (unless the snake is poisonous or something..).

I'm also too afraid to watch most horror movies.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Why are so many people afraid of spiders?? (Unless they were poisonous). I love the things, when I pick it up, I let it crawl on me. It tickles. :crazy: Then I put it back down to drink up any disgusting bugs that may come in.

And snakes. As long as you're handling them correctly and you're not irritating a viper of some sort, they're great. Then again I may be biased. :wink: I used to have them (and consequently scare people with them).

·
Registered
214 Posts
Why are so many people afraid of spiders?? (Unless they were poisonous). I love the things, when I pick it up, I let it crawl on me. It tickles. :crazy: Then I put it back down to drink up any disgusting bugs that may come in.

And snakes. As long as you're handling them correctly and you're not irritating a viper of some sort, they're great. Then again I may be biased. :wink: I used to have them (and consequently scare people with them).
Spiders just look freaky. They gross me out, really.. that's the only reason. Ewww I can't imagine letting one crawl on me... -___-

And don't forget about any type of rattlesnake.. And just make sure you don't accidentally step on one. :crazy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Probably one of my biggest fears are eyedrops. Why, I couldn't tell you but they freak me out. A lot. It's such a pain when I have to go to the eye doctor, but somehow I'm able to deal with contacts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Being lonely! And omg, the rabies thing... hilarious! I can't read about diseases, ever, or I will be convinced that I have it haha. I could never be a doctor. :crazy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts