Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a week since I broke up with my boyfriend and I can't help but miss him even more. I met someone shortly after we split up, but today I found myself accidentally calling him m ex's name. I don't know how to get rid of the attachment or the feelings, I thought dating someone else would help but even the smallest things like being jewish reminds me of him and when I look at aaron I realize I'm just dating someone that looks like my ex in order to try and fill the void and this makes me feel more depressed. I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I know this sounds cliche, but take some time off. It may be hard, and there will probably be sleepless, cry-your-eyes-out nights that will make you want to go back with this guy very much. The thing you have to remember is that it is over, and there are other people out there. Dating someone because they look like/remind you of your ex is not fair to you or the person you are dating.

It's never a good idea to break up and jump into a rebound relationship; they just don't work out well. Instead, try to find activities you like to do, something you can do by yourself and still have fun. If something reminds you of your ex, just accept that it does and go on with your day. It's easier said than done, but it will ease the pain if you accept how you feel and don't run from it. Accept it, then move on. Another guy right away, no matter how comforting it can be, is not a good idea. From what information you've given me, it seems that you aren't over your ex and most likely won't be for a good while; another guy in your life is not going to change that fact. Do some soul-searching, if you want to call it that, and get a little more comfortable in your own skin. Try some new things that you hadn't tried while you were with your ex. Go out and be social with new people (it's funner and easier than it sounds).

I hope I helped a little, and I'm sorry if this seems a tad blunt. I'm normally a little softer than this, but lack of sleep and limited patience with everything today makes for a rather snappy and short-fused me.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Yeah, I've gotta be honest and say your big mistake here is jumping into dating someone else way too soon. A week is barely a blink of an eye in terms of a relationship. Though I am a firm believer in the theory that you can't fully get over someone until you find someone else, that someone else should be the very last step in the process.

Take some time to be single. It will take you a while to get over everything, but you will get over everything. The only thing that can help at this point is time.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
animeia and vivacissimamente:

Going by your pictures...you guys look like TWINS. Maybe even the same person. :shocked:

I just had to point out the above. No advice. Sorry. :sad:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Silly ENFP's, dealing with your emotions. While I can't relate much to your situation, I would agree with the others in that you should probably spend some time single. Perhaps a "girls" night is in order?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts