Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im pretty sure the majority of Ps almost always sleep late at night, if you dont you still dont have enough proof to invalidate my belief, but feel free to leave a comment saying youre disagree
take myself as an example, even in my most tired days, i still manage to go to sleep past 12pm, sometimes i go to bed early because im sad or it just feels nice and comfy to sleep with my bf, but i never manage to sleep early for like, 4 days straight. there are nights i dont even sleep, and by the evening tomorrow im so sleepy that i just skip whatever plans i have for the evening and snooze it off lol

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I usually go to sleep at 4 AM.

Fixing my habits is not an impossibility but atm I am satisfied with this arrangement.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
im pretty sure the majority of Ps almost always sleep late at night, if you dont you still dont have enough proof to invalidate my belief, but feel free to leave a comment saying youre disagree
take myself as an example, even in my most tired days, i still manage to go to sleep past 12pm, sometimes i go to bed early because im sad or it just feels nice and comfy to sleep with my bf, but i never manage to sleep early for like, 4 days straight. there are nights i dont even sleep, and by the evening tomorrow im so sleepy that i just skip whatever plans i have for the evening and snooze it off lol
What even is this reasoning process?

It reads like "I'm a P, I do it, therefore all Ps do it." Which is appalling reasoning.

Reactions: Paradigm

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
I for one vastly prefer night-time over daytime, and if I had the choice, I'd basically just sleep all day and only ever be awake at night.
Total night-owl here. Always late nights for me, even if I've had a big day and have an early start the next day (not likely atm).. I'll still stay up late.

Always have, always will be. I'm probably an insomniac. I live off of about.. 4-5 hours sleep a day.. and this sleep is broken, due to living in QLD and there being loud AF birds and animals etc.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What even is this reasoning process?

It reads like "I'm a P, I do it, therefore all Ps do it." Which is appalling reasoning.
"as an example" not the only example ?? if you search for mbti and night owls or keywords like that you will notice a trend

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
I don't think all P types stay up super late, though it's probably fairly common for them to do so. I think instinctual variants may also play a role in this, probably more than just dichotomy on its own. I'd imagine that staying up late every night or at least most nights would be very common among sp blinds, which happens to be one of the more common stacking for P types (especially ExxP types) generally. I suppose that'd explain the correlation. I know that personally, as an INxP sp/so, I can't bring myself to stay up past 11:30 most times while most of my other P friends (usually the sp blinds, though some so/sp's) stay up often till 3 or 4 at night. Some of them do this on the week days too.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,417 Posts
It is for me,

I can't force myself to sleep early/earlier than a certain time.

It differs how early/late.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think all P types stay up super late, though it's probably fairly common for them to do so. I think instinctual variants may also play a role in this, probably more than just dichotomy on its own. I'd imagine that staying up late every night or at least most nights would be very common among sp blinds, which happens to be one of the more common stacking for P types (especially ExxP types) generally. I suppose that'd explain the correlation. I know that personally, as an INxP sp/so, I can't bring myself to stay up past 11:30 most times while most of my other P friends (usually the sp blinds, though some so/sp's) stay up often till 3 or 4 at night. Some of them do this on the week days too.
love your theory
i thought NP would stay up late too? with all the magical things going on in their head that keep them from sleeping
im an sp and if i just lie in bed trying to sleep, id still have so many things on my mind that i give up and go on my phone, scrolling instagram and memes make me feel sleepy easily

·
Registered
99 Posts
Can only speak for myself on this of course.

When I was younger I pretty much stayed up until near-morning. I could probably do that still if I were under the same circumstances. When I have something to really fixate on I can easily lose myself in it forever, but I don't do as much of that these days. I value a good night's sleep now more than I ever used to. However, one thing which has always remained true for me is that I can pretty much fall asleep anywhere, at any time, at will. I'm always tired enough for a good nap.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
There's several circadian rhythm disorders. However, having an "unusual" sleep time, like being a "night owl," is not a sole cause for diagnosis. You need to show symptoms that heavily impact your life. But, obviously I hope, none of this has no relation to one's MBTI, because disorders aren't part of MBTI or any personality system.

And anyway, IxxPs aren't even dominant perceivers, and I don't know how this concept would correlate to extroverted perceiving functions in the first place. Which follows that it's an equally unusual conclusion to come to for ExxPs.

·
Registered
Mature Sage
6,203 Posts
No. It's typically not a type thing.
It's a circadian rhythm thing.
Circadian rhythm is genetic
Your ancestors were probably be the people who made sure the saber tooth cats didn't enter the cave
Night people still serve a valuable purpose.
How would do you think it would be like without night watchmen over museums, overnight stockers at stores, police who respond to 3am calls? Without night people, the world would be chaos
But what thanks do we get? We have to cater to the schedules of morning people!
Take a stand and embrace your night owliness

5,146 Posts
It started for me during psychological liquidation in the end of primary school. I started having serious problems sleeping and since then I never a normal sleep schedule.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Well, it seems I am a "perceiver" and I sleep early, though my sleep schedule can get wonky at times. That said, sleeping schedule is a more of a behavior thing, not really related to thought process, so I wouldn't attribute it to types, personally.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I usually fall asleep anywhere from 3-4:30 in the morning. I think XNXPs are more likely to be night owls because 1. We tend to have a lot rolling around in our heads and 2. We tend to stay up too late looking at our phone and computer screens which has been shown to disrupt sleeping cycles because of blue light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts