Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Can I take part even though I live across the pond? Well, I should have started mine in January and have written a few hundred words in ten months. Wish you all the best in the competition.

Oh yeah, would it need to be a story from scratch? My mind has been too occupied with the pre-existing idea so do I have seven days to think of a new idea!? Actually I do have an idea, but its ridiculous. But as they seem to be more interested in an art form (and not a competition) it seems it can afford to be :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I plan to. It's my first year as well. Fingers crossed I won't get swamped with work this november.

Good luck, I haven't yet registered but when I do I'll look for you to add you as buddy (if that's ok)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I would love to do this, and I had planned to, but I might be too busy this year...

Good luck to everyone doing it though! :proud:

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
A friend of mind in Australia has done this before! I'd never heard of it until she wrote to me asking for info about Las Vegas, I guess her characters were getting married there! I've never taken any kind of writing classes but I love to write...it would be fun to participate just for the challenge of it. Hmmm..... :cool:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Aw man, I guess I could try. But I've already started a novel that I'm taking fairly seriously, so I don't know! It's hard for me to come up with ideas, but when I do I think they're usually good. Hopefully some great idea will pop into my head before November!

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am! I love NaNoWriMo. I did it last year for the first time and wrote a novel that i really love. This year I have a rough idea but nothing specific planned, i think it's better to go for it with less planning so that it's easier to write spontaneously instead of getting bogged down in details. I am also running a writing club at my school this year and have got 40 kids all doing it too :laughing: going to be great. Haven't decided when I will write yet, will either have to get up a bit earlier than usual or write into the night (what I did last year)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's just it you DO have the time! you just don't think you do.

And yes, it has to be something new, characters and a plot you aren't connected to. you're supposed to just write, off the top of your head, though some planning is okay. Just keep the story going.

To whoever said would add me: Nostalgic.wonderland

·
Registered
469 Posts
I signed up, but don't know if I will go through with it. I've never even finished a short story, and only written ten pages of a novel about five years ago. I'm not even certain if I'm a creative writer. Yes, I write, and yes, perhaps I am creative, but the two words together frighten me...

·
Registered
788 Posts
I just signed up X.x I'm terrified... I've only ever got a few pages done in the past. I think my inner editor will have to be regularly beaten with a shovel... (My username's Quixometer if anyone's interested, though I guess I don't technically know anyone here... Would be interested in reading other people's work and giving encouragement though :happy:)

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's a great motivator for us INFP types. I hadn't finished a novel for 10 years before last November, but then I somehow got the inspiration and the support to keep going and I even finished a few days early!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have a lot of friends that do this - it's HUGE in most of the fanfic communities where they will *gasp* put aside fanfic for a WHOLE MONTH to do NaNo WriMo. I don't plan on joining this year, much as I'm tempted to do so from seeing tweets, blog posts, FB statuses, and threads like this. November is going to be a Very Stressful month and I don't think adding a challenge on top of that is going to be a good idea. However, I'm totes available for encouragement if someone needs a cheerleader or whatnot. :)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Ah! I just signed up. I'm actually kind of excited. Even though no brilliant ideas have come to me yet.... Time for a nighttime bus ride. (that's where/when i get most of my ideas)
Oh man, I read that as "Night Bus" as in the one in Harry Potter. *facepalm* I really need to get out more often.

Good luck with your adventure, and that sounds like a brilliant way to generate new ideas.

Reactions: gloosle

·
Registered
113 Posts
I signed up for the first time. I'm close to finishing a novel that I've been working on almost two years, so it'll be nice to try doing something with a deadline. I think it's good for INFP's...it gives us a time limit, exercises the creative muscles, and lets us put our perfectionism to the side for one month. I have a vague plot in mind, though I think I'm going to approach it the Costanza way: a novel about nothing. That'll be freeing.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts