• Late

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was born in 2002 (August) and I don't know if I should say I was born in mid 2002, because people usually think of June or July, and if I said late 2002, people would think I was born in October-December and I'm in 7th grade, even though I'm in 8th grade.

·
MOTM Feb 2016
10,007 Posts
I was born in 2002 (August) and I don't know if I should say I was born in mid 2002, because people usually think of June or July, and if I said late 2002, people would think I was born in October-December and I'm in 7th grade, even though I'm in 8th grade.
It depends totally on the reference point. You could just say you were born in August 2002.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Divide it up into seasons. August is the last Summer Month. Divide it into thirds, August is last of the second third. In half, August is on the first half of the second half. It's more prudent to divide it into seasons or thirds, because, besides in proximity, what do the months in the halves have in common with each other? You break up the summer months into both halves.

It's definitely a mid, if late-mid, month.

·
Beer Guardian
14,678 Posts
Technically, I'd go with "mid," however, personally, I'd skip the "early-mid-late" and just say the year, unless there's some compelling reason to qualify it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts