Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about that and realised how differently the P's and J's can think. So if I am almost both equally (only just more dominant in J), then is that an advantage or not?
What are your thoughts?

·
Banned
1,122 Posts
well the main difference is you are definitely more flexible, but probably not as disorganized as some P's for thoughts/schedules. I am a strong J and have rarely been late for anything, have a strong judgement of myself...usually...and am hard on myself for a lot of things.

Perhaps it's not as bad as it seems. Kali is also low J trait so...

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't necessarily think its a bad thing. I just wanted to ask how other people see it.
It's just funny to me that I have yet another (almost) contradiction about me.
My mind seems to be on the border of two different ways of thinking. This could be an advantage to see things two different ways instead of just one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am pretty close to the P/J line myself, and while it was annoying to get different answers if I took an MBTI test one day or another, I learned to be comfortable with my not-totally-solid personality. *shrugs*

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
every time i take the test, my J is always 1-3% T_T i dont know what this means... I had another thread about this.. but i forgot what we discussed. lol. but it was something about being an ENFJ/ENFP hybrid. which is impossible since we use completely different functions.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Maybe you're an ENFJ with really well developed Ni/Se. Or an ENFP with great Fi/Te? Anyway, the sliding scale test is not that flash at measuring it (I always test as INTJ... unless I cheat).
Edit: I just took the test again and got ENTP?

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
P/J is one of those things you can't really be 50/50 at, because it decides your functions. The messy/neat thing are just stereotypes, tests use them because some trends appear in Ps & Js with those.

The difference is just too large to flip between.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Balance is always a good thing. It means you have extra of both. For example, if you have +1,000 J and +999 P, then you're going to be quite balanced.

Personality types are made up of cognitive functions. Your F is your highest, and your N is your next highest, but your extroversion is very clear. This means you're an Fe > Ni. If your Fe and Ni were pretty much equal, but your Se and Ti were less developed, then you'd also have a close to 50% E and I. However you don't. Your E is very clear, which means that what is likely the case is what was mentioned above. You have a strong Fe which is balanced by your strong Ni and solid Se. As you develop your Ti, you will also begin to score close to 50% on the E and I scale and will only be sure of your N and F. That's a standard development model. :)

In other words, yes it is a good thing that your J and P scores are so close.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts