Personality Cafe banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
35 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you but I don't have one. I just think the system is structurally flawed in a few ways. Not entirely, there's accuracy to it but some things just don't belong together. Openness for example measuring willingness to try new things as well as intellectual curiosity is just dumb imo. One is basically measuring ESFP 7 traits, the other is measuring INTP 5 and 4 traits, it's just stupid. People who score higher on openness apparently are more introspective but also more extroverted which is a contradiction. If anything the two should be on a spectrum, not under the same umbrella. Same with the others as well, like extroversion and assertiveness are correlated sure but it doesn't actually have to do with how extroverted you are.

Yeah dude, You know what? Some idiots I know on quora and other forums try to correlate MBTI and Big 5 directly with 100% accuracy without even remotely applying their common sense based upon the basic knowledge of cognitive functions. I guess these all folks are proponents of the same institutes who get paid to perform marketable thesis to boost their sales. No wonder why there are remotely very few people who've performed thesis on them in the first place, skeptics and real neurosceintists with medical degrees debunk such theories as a nobrainer.

Reactions: Aluminum Frost

·
Banned
3,620 Posts
Yeah dude, You know what? Some idiots I know on quora and other forums try to correlate MBTI and Big 5 directly with 100% accuracy without even remotely applying their common sense based upon the basic knowledge of cognitive functions. I guess these all folks are proponents of the same institutes who get paid to perform marketable thesis to boost their sales. No wonder why there are remotely very few people who've performed thesis on them in the first place, skeptics and real neurosceintists with medical degrees debunk such theories as a nobrainer.
I tried looking for people to at least critique the system across the internet but I couldn't find anything, pretty odd.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.