Personality Cafe banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
Please don’t reference links to websites or references to bible verses as answers, I want to have a discussion with you. I’m readily familiar with cookie cutter Christian responses to all this, read the Bible inside and out, it comes across as insincere to respond like that. I want an honest response to my question of why God doesn’t make himself evident to all in a way that is universally acknowledged, and why you don’t see it as remarkable that he isn’t. You presented the child jumping into his fathers arms from a tree and I asked why isn’t God present like that in our lives. Why can we see, touch, and know the existence of our earthly father but not God the father? I’d like a genuine answer, not something you grab off a script, or google, or lifted off a biblical passage. This goes for anyone out there, why do you think a God of love, a God who supposedly created with such detail and interest, is not actively involved with his creation in an unmistakably, verifiable way? If you believe in a personal God, like the one portrayed in the Bible, I’d really like an honest explanation why you don’t think it’s odd he isn’t.
Allow me to explain...Linking and quoting scriptures is to point to something with authority, rather than my own merit alone as a human - and I do so only because I am convinced that this is the truth. I was trying to direct you to find the answers directly from Jehovah God Himself, as who better could provide such answers? Being that I believe that the Bible is the Word of God, and that it contains the answers for such questions from God, to me this is the most authentic and honest way to answer you.
But as you said you don't want me to reply to you with links and quotes from the Bible, I will of course respect your wishes.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Allow me to explain...Linking and quoting scriptures is to point to something with authority, rather than my own merit alone as a human - and I do so only because I am convinced that this is the truth. I was trying to direct you to find the answers directly from Jehovah God Himself, as who better could provide such answers? Being that I believe that the Bible is the Word of God, and that it contains the answers for such questions from God, to me this is the most authentic and honest way to answer you.
But as you said you don't want me to reply to you with links and quotes from the Bible, I will of course respect your wishes.
The Bible is given authority by those who believe it is from God. You are not discussing with someone who gives the Bible any authority over them. If I was a Christian, discussing topics with scripture makes sense as both would agree the Bible has authority over the topic. Presently quoting scripture to me is akin to quoting any book written by anyone on the topic, and means little to me, I’m more interested in your answers articulated by you. This doesn’t mean references to outside sources is meaningless but it must be used in a way to assist understanding of your position, not be the response of your position. I’ve found arguing with a book to be a very solitary and often one sided affair. I certainly wouldn’t need another person to be involved to have it, either.

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
The Bible is given authority by those who believe it is from God. You are not discussing with someone who gives the Bible any authority over them. If I was a Christian, discussing topics with scripture makes sense as both would agree the Bible has authority over the topic. Presently quoting scripture to me is akin to quoting any book written by anyone on the topic, and means little to me, I’m more interested in your answers articulated by you. This doesn’t mean references to outside sources is meaningless but it must be used in a way to assist understanding of your position, not be the response of your position. I’ve found arguing with a book to be a very solitary and often one sided affair. I certainly wouldn’t need another person to be involved to have it, either.
I have faith that the Bible is from God, and I think you know what I mean by saying that.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have faith that the Bible is from God, and I think you know what I mean by saying that.
I realize you do. But I’m not having a conversation with the Bible, I’m having it with you. It’s fine if you don’t want to, but then just say so. I can read the Bible on my own anytime. Citing scripture that God is evident from creation does nothing to answer the question of why you think it’s reasonable for God to be absent from his own creation when, in your interpretation of God, he has invested an extraordinary amount of time creating it and watching it. He can know the number of hairs on your head, but not be present with you. He can promise eternal life with him but can’t be temporarily here with you. It’s the absent father who promises all these fantastical things to their children in the future but can’t just be there present with them now. I want to know why you think that’s not only reasonable, but worthy of worship and adoration. If earthly fathers can exemplify better for their children, what God is God to not show as much, if not exceed all expectations?

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
I realize you do. But I’m not having a conversation with the Bible, I’m having it with you. It’s fine if you don’t want to, but then just say so. I can read the Bible on my own anytime. Citing scripture that God is evident from creation does nothing to answer the question of why you think it’s reasonable for God to would be absent from his own creation when, in your interpretation Of God, he has invested an extraordinary amount of time creating it and watching it. He can know the number of hairs on your head, but not be present with you. He can promise eternal life with him but can’t be temporarily here with you. It’s the absent father who promises all these fantastical things to their children in the future but can’t just be there present with them now. I want to know why you think that’s not only reasonable, but worthy of worship and adoration. If earthly fathers can exemplify better for their children, what God is God to not show as much, if not exceed all expectations?
This particular conversation is specifically about God, and seeks answers about God. This is why I think it's only logical to at least reference the Bible. As for your question where you asked why it's reasonable for God to be absent from His own creation, that would be under the assumption that God is absent in the first place, which I do not believe. You asked why God is not present with us personally, but absent, yet that would be assuming that He isn't present. As I don't have the freedom to answer this the way I would answer it, I think I will leave it for you to discover for yourself in your own time. When it comes to discussing God, religion, and spirituality, I'm not interested in having discussions if I'm not free to access the basis of my own beliefs.

·
Registered
517 Posts
This particular conversation is specifically about God, and seeks answers about God. This is why I think it's only logical to at least reference the Bible. As for your question where you asked why it's reasonable for God to be absent from His own creation, that would be under the assumption that God is absent in the first place, which I do not believe. You asked why God is not present with us personally, but absent, yet that would be assuming that He isn't present. As I don't have the freedom to answer this the way I would answer it, I think I will leave it for you to discover for yourself in your own time. When it comes to discussing God, religion, and spirituality, I'm not interested in having discussions if I'm not free to access the basis of my own beliefs.
Well it’s not an assumption, it’s patently clear God is not in front of us as other humans are that we interact with daily. But it’s fine if you’re not comfortable discussing this without citing scripture for your answers, and wish you the best of life and whatever journey your life, or rather God, takes you. See you around.

·
Registered
9,939 Posts
Well it’s not an assumption, it’s patently clear God is not in front of us as other humans are that we interact with daily. But it’s fine if you’re not comfortable discussing this without citing scripture for your answers, and wish you the best of life and whatever journey your life, or rather God, takes you. See you around.
Wish you all the best too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello to all yall! As for me, I believe that every people should decide on their own if God is real or not. Faith is a kind of support for a person, who needs some help maybe. I prefer to believe in horoscopes and numbers. My favourite number is 333. I even have a tattoo in front of my arm. Check 333 angel number meaning if you are interested. Do you believe in such things?

101 - 109 of 109 Posts