Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you ever watch dragonball z? Is Gohan an INFP? He dislikes fighting, compared with his dad who liked fighting all the time for the thrill. He had an explosive temper whenever his family or friend were getting attack. He was a wimp at the beginning. I can see him being a feeler caring for others close to him. He didn't have many friends outside of the friends his dad knew like krillin. Piccolo was probably his best friend. Chi Chi was strict on him so he could be judging. He was probably infp or infj.

Here is a video when he transformed in a ssj 2

·
Registered
688 Posts
I think all us INFP otaku are fairly certain Gohan's amongst our ranks. I still love the Cell Saga, especially for this scene; but there are some in the Saiyaman and, especially, the Namek Saga that'll show you Gohan's nature. Piccolo is less Gohan's best friend and more-or-less his surrogate father. Frankly speaking, Piccolo is a better father than Goku, and Piccolo is the former King of Demons. That says something about your parenting skills. Both of them. Piccolo's species reproduces asexually, on top of that. So, fuck instincts. Gohan's best friend is probably the equally introverted feeling Dende. That's probably his only friend his own age until the Saiyaman saga come to think of it.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Inverse Knight Yeah I was thinking piccolo was friend because he quoted gohan was the first friend he ever had during the cell games and when he died in the mid of the saiyan saga. But yeah your right he did seem more of a father figure to gohan than a friend. Gohan and Goku were my favourite character in the series. Do you think Gohan should have been the hero after the cell games rather than Goku?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
what about piccolo now?

besides being my favorite character from the series (and seriously underpowered later on due to the saiyans effective monopoly of the power scale...) he always had that darker infp aspect counter to the whimsical infp gohan i'm familiar with.

short rant, but honestly. i can see goku being the savior in the db/dbz/gt world especially with his innocent approach to all of his obstacles and his overly protective nature to those he loves, but did EVERY other character have to be nuked for his all powerful position of conquering most if not all of the villains throughout the series?! i would have loved to see krillen, yamcha, hell even tien boast some power instead of being cannon fodder during the frieza saga. so they took care of the ginyu squad, big woop. they were steroid cheerleaders posing in the most awkward positions imaginable. bah. goku isn't bad, but a little versatility in character utilization would have been nice.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
How about ISFP?

I never really saw any Ne in him.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is interesting that somebody brought this topic up. I used to love this show when i was a growing up and i always saw a lot of myself in gohan (he was my favorite character). My older brother who i watched it with (favorite was Vegeta) always compared me to Gohan with the way we acted and our personalities. I always found some kind of connection with Gohan: we were about the same age, peaceful nature, and sometimes i would blow up with tears and anger on rare occasions when i was younger just like him. It turns out that I eventually developed into the INFP that i am today so i can definitely see how Gohan is one also/

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I'm going with ISFJ for Gohan.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I also think Gohan is an ISFJ. He's seems to be a methodological learner, hardly Ne. Also he seems to have a socially appropriate conduct at a constant basis, and I'm not saying that only Fe personalities can do this, but he does it in a sort of... Fe-ish way. Plus, he seems to truly make other's feelings his own, and has an underlying need to do something about it even though he cannot at times. I can see him easily feeling useless and worthless because he understands his connection with the people around him and thus he feels that he is letting them down.

ISFJs can come off similar to INFPs on the surface, because they are conscientious and duty-driven, and fairly idealistic in their own way, whereas INFPs care a great deal about their relationships to the point that they worry-sick. We tend to come off similar, but quite different under the surface. I think Gohan is an ISFJ.

PS. I absolutely loved Gohan's attitude and spirit in the Cell Saga :)

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I also think Gohan is an ISFJ. He's seems to be a methodological learner, hardly Ne. Also he seems to have a socially appropriate conduct at a constant basis, and I'm not saying that only Fe personalities can do this, but he does it in a sort of... Fe-ish way. Plus, he seems to truly make other's feelings his own, and has an underlying need to do something about it even though he cannot at times. I can see him easily feeling useless and worthless because he understands his connection with the people around him and thus he feels that he is letting them down.

ISFJs can come off similar to INFPs on the surface, because they are conscientious and duty-driven, and fairly idealistic in their own way, whereas INFPs care a great deal about their relationships to the point that they worry-sick. We tend to come off similar, but quite different under the surface. I think Gohan is an ISFJ.

PS. I absolutely loved Gohan's attitude and spirit in the Cell Saga :)
Goku is definitely ENFP though.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Goku is definitely ENFP though.
I pegged Goku as an ENFJ this whole time... he seems to be happy-go-lucky and giving a good time to people while having an underlying teacher-vibe to him. Ni, perhaps?

But come to think of it, ENFP is plausible too, as he is quite adventurous and seems to always have an idea up his sleeve to solve an issue as if he meditated it the whole time, and he tends to branch it out alone and independently as sparked by his Fi moral values without demanding too much from other people nor imposing anything. He seems kinda like he knows to what extent he cares for others, and just manifests it. The tertiary Te shines through in the rare occasions that he puts his foot down and backs up his intentions/ideas with a grand plan.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Gohan = INFP

Nuff' said.
Where is Gohan's Ne?

I pegged Goku as an ENFJ this whole time... he seems to be happy-go-lucky and
giving a good time to people while having an underlying teacher-vibe to him. Ni,
perhaps?

But come to think of it, ENFP is plausible too, as he is quite
adventurous and seems to always have an idea up his sleeve to solve an issue as
if he meditated it the whole time, and he tends to branch it out alone and
independently as sparked by his Fi moral values without demanding too much from
other people nor imposing anything. He seems kinda like he knows to what extent
he cares for others, and just manifests it.
Goku is too spontaneous, too adventurous, and his mind moves too fast to be ENFJ

Reactions: anon

·
Registered
163 Posts
Gohan is defintely INFP, like Alphonse elric, or hinata who is alot more extreme version of that typing

and yes Goku is ENFP as well

·
Registered
163 Posts
Where is Gohan's Ne?
If you watch, you'll notice that Gohan is just a more introverted version of goku, he shows no sign of Se, in terms of ISFPs as far as dragonball goes, Yajirobe is ISFP, Dragonballs Ne users and NF characters work alot different than other style shows and anime because toriyama overall doesn't write about intricate, overly deep storylines.

He likes to keep things simple and fun, and light hearted, so you have to judge the characters in the realm of how the DB characters act. With this in mind, you can see the Ne in Gohan, or see that Goku's an ENFP, even though he isn't as deep of a character as an ENFP like Luffy from One Piece

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,986 Posts
If you watch, you'll notice that Gohan is just a more introverted version of goku, he shows no sign of Se, in terms of ISFPs as far as dragonball goes, Yajirobe is ISFP, Dragonballs Ne users and NF characters work alot different than other style shows and anime because toriyama overall doesn't write about intricate, overly deep storylines.

He likes to keep things simple and fun, and light hearted, so you have to judge the characters in the realm of how the DB characters act. With this in mind, you can see the Ne in Gohan, or see that Goku's an ENFP, even though he isn't as deep of a character as an ENFP like Luffy from One Piece
Goku is xSFP

Haven't you watched Dragon Ball, all he wants is to eat, even clouds. he also wants to train, travel and do Se things, he really didn't want to save everyone on Earth, it just happened that he lived here that's it. I haven't seen any intuition in him.

Ox King is INFP

·
The spirit of the spirits
10,986 Posts
Gohan

Introvert for sure.
Haven't seen much of Ne and especially Si in him. He does everything in the moment, don't think about future. You can clearly tell it in forest scene and Dragon Ball race on Namek.
Feeling for sure.
Perceiver, because he didn't plan anything, lived in the moment, no schedules and other judging things.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Goku is xSFP

Haven't you watched Dragon Ball, all he wants is to eat, even clouds. he also wants to train, travel and do Se things, he really didn't want to save everyone on Earth, it just happened that he lived here that's it. I haven't seen any intuition in him.

Ox King is INFP
Nah Goku is ENFP like people said here above already, Se doesn't mean you love physical activity and any type can love to eat or physical activity, its a percieving function its about how you take in information. Se means you respond and react to details fully in the moment and focus on today in the here and now and pay attention to all details around you which Goku does not do with his airheaded Ne and having his head in the clouds all the time, and Goku is an idea generator with his Ne, Feet Kamehemeha idea on the spot he came up with, Instant Transmission Kamehameha idea again as a Ne idea Goku came up with on the spot with Ne of coming up with the Ne idea of combining two moves into one for a new attack/new way to do an attack and is very abstract and innovative Ne idea on Goku's part here, Underwater Kameha wave Ne idea in the Frieza Arc after remembering with his Si that Frieza can't sense energy from Goku noticing and remembering with his Si that Frieza was blasting in different directions earlier, and coming up with that unique Ne idea to distract Frieza with the Kamehameha orbs and throwing them up to distract Frieza, the idea to master Super Saiyan 1 state in the Cell Saga, learning the Kamehameha with intuition and seeing it once with his Si and copying it with no explanation and using his intuition to learn it, he did the same thing with the after image technique with copying it with his Si after brainstorming with his Ne on what to do and then remembering that detail with his Si of Jackie Chun using it and got the idea to try it himself and intuively learned the Afterimage instantly, he innovated the technique further with his Ne idea and made it into a Triple Afterimage, he came up with the spinning attack idea against Namu with Goku's Ne again, he came up with the idea with his Ne when Goku asked and said "Why don't you just ask Oolong to transform into a motorbike and ride you out of here from this forest Bulma?" And he used Ne and Si against the Muscle Tower monster by remembering with his Si the girl said earlier in the day that the cold freezes and hardens things, his Si remembers this detail from the past and then he imagines and brainstorms with his Ne and comes up with the idea to break the wall and have the snow come in the room and freeze the giant monster in muscle tower, so that the monster would harden from it and become solid and then Goku would be able to hit him afterwards, which totally worked and was a great Ne idea from Goku here yet again, all from him remembering with his Si on what Suno the red haired girl said to him earlier that day. Goku is Ne user and idea generator and comes up with ideas on the spot all the time. Goku also almost got hit by a car when he was being distracted by the city from his Ne curiosity of everything interesting around him in the first city he's even been too back when he was looking for Bulma to get the Dragon Radar in Dragon Ball.

Goku is future oriented with his Ne as we see in the Buu Arc with him caring about future generations with his Ne with Goten and Trunks since a possible threat might show up again in the future he thinks with his Ne again here, he also shows his future oriented constant self improvement motivation and leaving to go train and struggling to live in the moment to go on the next future adventure and place or person to train with his Ne motivating him and seeing possibilities in others being great fighters he imagines one day in the future like Uub as well, and again we see Goku being future oriented with caring for the future of the Earth at the end of the Cell Saga with not wanting to be wished back because the Earth might be in danger if he stays alive on Earth and he thought about this Ne prediction after remembering with his Si that Bulma told him years ago something years ago about bad guys being drawn to him all the time, so his Si remembered her saying this and then his Ne saw the possibility of this happening again in the future if he's alive on Earth so he decided to stay dead to protect the Earth's future which turns out to be true because the Earth is safe for like 7 years showing his Ne prediction was correct here. The Cell Saga and The Buu Saga show how massively future oriented Goku is with his Ne which is something Se users struggle with since they live fully in the moment, Goku is definitely an Ne user and is future oriented and we see that again when he states in at the end of the Buu Saga, when he said he could of beat Buu back when he fought him, right before he fights Kid Buu and says but I wanted to leave the future of the earth in the next future generation's hands instead with Goten, Gohan, and Trunks. And we even see Goku's Ne airheadedness again in this scene as he didn't notice at all Vegeta wasn't listening to him and wasn't even by his side anymore and flew away which Goku gets mad at and says he was talking to him you jerk after he said that whole speech and didn't even notice he wasn't there by him the whole time, Goku's Ne has his head in the clouds like in this scene, all the time in the series.

Here's the Goku not wanting to be wished back reason scene, and his Ne being future oriented here and his Si remembering the detail on what Bulma said to him and told him years ago too. Goku remembered with his Si on what Bulma said about bad guys always being drawn to him and then he made a future Ne decision and his Ne saw the possibility of another bad guy and threat eventually showing up again one day in the future if he stays alive on Earth based on what he remembered from the past with his Si here after remembering what Bulma told him long ago of bad guys again being drawn to him like a magnet, which he states here to everyone in this scene:

Goku uses Ne and Si all the time and is airheaded and has his head in the clouds with his Ne and scatter-brained with his Ne too and also always asks Ne curiosity questions all the time like why is Krillin bald or how do robots have kids? While being distracted from details around him like with Android 18 and not seeing her at all with his airheaded Ne here. And also Gohan is definitely INFP as well in my opinion too:

I wrote about it here if you want evidence why, check out these post down below why Goku is ENFP and the arguments for it.

My Goku ENFP Post in depth:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mbti/comments/czk51q
Goku Quora MBTI post for some other opinions on this, these posts are really good so I highly recommend you check them out and for anyone else reading this that is interested as well:

Goku also recently made it on this CBR ENFP List as well here:

My ENFP Anime characters post I just made as well:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ENFP/comments/hdakhy
Gohan and Goku also made it on the DBZ MBTI Chart as ENFP and INFP as well, I would say this chart is very accurate typings as well. As usual I always say the only ones I think are wrong as Videl and Android 16, Videl is ENTJ and Android 16 is ISFJ in my opinion. Check out the DBZ MBTI Chart here:

I type Ox King ISFP like Oolong and Yajirobe. Gohan comes up with ideas, imagines himself as a superhero with his Ne, and is curious and asks Ne questions all the time. Fi inner values are strong in him and very NF idealistic as well. Gohan's strong Fi dom behavior is the key to his character and his Fi empathy and love for others is so strong it drives his power spikes and transformartions, when you mess with his Fi Gohan explodes in a huge rage as we've seen time and time again. And his Ne makes him even more idealistic which causes him to get even more angry when people he loves is being hurt. People get confused on the nuance between Fi and Fe and its hard to tell the difference with people hence the common INFP vs ISFJ mixups we see a lot with typing characters and people, both functions care about people and family and friends strongly but for different reasons and style of execution as well with how they behave and react to things.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts