Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I hope I don't offend anyone but I read on one site that conceptualsizers tend to neglect personal hygiene & are not concerned with cleanliness. I know I haven't cleaned my car for about 6 months which is plain lazy of me & my house isn't in the best state as we speak. Regarding personal hygiene though, I am not the type to neglect that. I like to antibacterialize the toilets frequently & have showers twice a day.

This is quite a personal thread so I hope we can all be nice but if people will attack my ideas harshly I will not refrain from telling you what I think of you & risk being banned. I'd rather have my say but lets hope it won't get to that (reference to my previous thread that was closed for those that didn't read it).

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Personal/health hygiene is NOT negotiable. I'm rather OCD about cleanliness and personal grooming, but... I don't give a germ about papers, books, and power cords all over. My car is vacuumed, but it'll always smell like Michael Kors perfume & tobacco. Result of lots of nights out with friends. Someone once spilled a milkshake in the back, I was PISSED about that... No food or filth!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, I'm kind of hit or miss and can be sort of extreme on both ends of that one.
I can ignore an untidy bedroom till clothes cover my carpet.. and then I can walk over to that carpet and pick up a piece of lint. I can be a germaphobe, never without purell but I do let my friends drink from my drink.. I can vacuum around piles of things or polish a table w/ stuff on it.
You get the idea. Most of my friends would consider me a neat/organization freak but I know I can be otherwise.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
As long as I get a shower every day, have clean clothes to wear, and things stay generally picked up and surface-cleaned around my place, I'm fine.

Needing to live with something (or someone) filthy drains me and makes me physically weak.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Yes, I hate filthyness I cannot stand it, I can tolerate dirtiness but not out right filthy and even then only for a little bit. I don't mind messy as long as things are some out organized and it doesn't impede my day to day, but even then I will move the mess to clean it and then move it back. I do sometimes well typically for somethings wait until I can't stand it being that dirty too clean it. I really go @$%#!!!!! and ocd style clean it til it is done, nothing else matters until it is cleaned at that point and typically it won't need cleaning for a long while after I'm done. I've literally one did that to my bathroom and ended up spending the weekend caulking and re-grouting some areas till it was spotlessly clean. One thing just seems to lead to another sometimes, and I can't stop till it's clean once I start. daily hygiene is pretty important I don't mind skipping a day showering but I hate going more than two days with out one, even backpacking I get filthy but I shower every chance I get. I'm realistic about things so don't think I'm a germaphobe.

Reactions: SlowPoke68

·
Registered
409 Posts
Personal/health hygiene is NOT negotiable. I'm rather OCD about cleanliness and personal grooming, but... I don't give a germ about papers, books, and power cords all over. My car is vacuumed, but it'll always smell like Michael Kors perfume & tobacco. Result of lots of nights out with friends. Someone once spilled a milkshake in the back, I was PISSED about that... No food or filth!!
This describes me exactly.

·
Banned
998 Posts
Books and stuff move from my desk to my bed during the day, and from my bed to my desk at night when I have to sleep. Clothes get tossed on the floor, but only on one corner of the room. My laundry gets done once a week or two weeks. I don't make my bed. I don't go out unless I'm clean, and I shower thoroughly. I use a cloth to wash my face and a scrub thing for my body. I used to leave loose papers lying around my desk, but in April I got a file cabinet, and it has done wonders for me. My paper life is very organized now.

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
Hygiene is important to me, I'm having a hard time wondering how someone wouldn't care about hygiene unless they're completely apathetic to it. Neatness isn't as important as long as a person takes good care of their personal hygiene.

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So what is the stereotype with entps and cleanliness then? Most of y'all seem to be OCD or overly concerned with dirt but not so much about tidyness. I've known people who are quite the opposite (typically sj types).

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
So what is the stereotype with entps and cleanliness then? Most of y'all seem to be OCD or overly concerned with dirt but not so much about tidyness. I've known people who are quite the opposite (typically sj types).
You just answered your own question.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Can't say I am one to neglect personal hygiene. I find I have a strong sense of smell and I am pedantic on fresh smell and cleanliness. (In saying that, I don't make a huge, dramatic fuss if I am on (school) camp and CAN NOT shower for a couple of days... but it I can't help that) Hahahaa

My room is really messy... but an "organised mess" as I would say.
Though, it does get to a stage sometimes where I spend an hour cleaning when my room gets so messy it is frustrating.

·
Registered
364 Posts
As long as my room and myself are not so much of a state that I actually notice then I'm fine!

·
Registered
215 Posts
What about in relation to dust? Do you hate dusty rooms or parts of the house?
DUST!
Nahhh I dont care about dust...Although, if it is just sitting there waiting to strike and make me sneeze, then I go on a dusting escapade because I know if don't get off my arse and do it then, it will annoy me later and I will regret not having done it earlier when I could be more bothered to.

I find thinking about cleaning is more of a chore than doing it. If I am driven to doing cleaning I can just pump up the music and go for it.

... Anyway, I like the sound of the vacuum when it is sucking up dirt... oh the satisfaction.
bahaha I am kidding. *shifty eyes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts