Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
They are bound to seem so on the surface, and thus to seem to be that way to society, society's average unit, and mainstream culture, whose opinion, in turn, are bound to be the reverse of truth.

So, they are the least self-centred of all types, probably. (Considering that all living organisms are self-centred/selfish, and the variance is in their awareness of it, and in how selfish/self-centred they well be judged to be.)

Reactions: faryrzh

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I don't know. I have high standards on myself so yes i would say i tend to be more selfish than altruistic and i hate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Yeah.

INFPs can learn, just as any other type can, to be 'less' selfish, but I think we tend to have a good dose of self-preservation, and Fi's inner workings mean 'we' (our internal personhood) have a role in most, if not every decision we make, or situation we put ourselves in, or people we interact with. That's that.

Frankly, I'd rather have people ask me to give more rather than to close myself up. Seems easier to roll down a hill than roll back up. :tongue:

Reactions: arwen7

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was really into self centered at all until a wound happened and i revereted to a defend and try to heal my pride and self state. This wound was a big hit, if there is a unseen enemy he knew where to hit me hard, i am tyring ot recalim my pride or atelast self to soem degree but have grown along the way, i isolate and became even more introverted yet i still have my dreams and goals inside but with no one mcuh aroudn to be with or near is very stressing. No man is a island, indeed. We can focus on ourselves but to me it is for the greater good knowing or believing what i can do in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts