Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,960 Posts
:)
Well, I do not know how many other INFP behaves and react, but I used to think about how boring life would be to grow older, get a job, find a partner, have kids, grow old, and then die etc. A part of me kind of rejected this simple life. (Oh boy, do now I realise that it is not that easy to have this kind of life.)

I would love to see something I predicted and expected to happen. What I would not like now in my old age is the numerous instability and changes which I cannot control over. Saying that, I do not necessarily like routines either.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It really depends, but when i think of plan right now I am thinking of plan for a night or trip. I am not thinking of a life plan, as these almost never go according to plan @Bago.

When a plan is set, and everything is going according to plan for lets say a day trip, well this makes me feel kind of anxious, because I am anticipating the change not enjoying the moment. This is why i prefer to not plan things out exactly and stick to the plan. I need room to change my mind or enjoy what I am doing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Again, I can't speak for everyone, but before I do something I always imagine what it will be like before. Like if I pass a bookstore on the way back from work, I might imagine what it would be like to sit inside drinking hot chocolate and reading a book. Then I might park the car and go inside the store. It doesn't matter if sitting in the bookstore is quite what I imagined, and it doesn't bother me or make me feel particularly happy if the expectation is reached. I went in because I had the plan in mind. This is similar to how I plan life goals - envision it, move towards it, with the set goal kind of changing along the way.

·
Registered
249 Posts
When I'm going to do something, I like to leave room for unexpected things to happen. I could never keep to a strict schedule, nor would I want to. If we are taking a trip and everything goes as planned, that would be boring to me. I think it's the unexpected things that happen that make the trip fun and memorable.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Well, sometimes I have my heart set on something to work out exactly as planned and if it doesn't happen I become extremely dissapointed. I hate feeling dissapointed, I think it's one of the worst emotions we are capable of experiencing.But most of the time I don't really plan things. I usually just imagine things as they are going to happen, yet as someone else said it does not matter to me whether or not reality turns out exactly as I had envisioned it to be. Oftentimes it's nice to be surprised when things don't go as they had planned. When I am going through my daily routine or going on a trip or out with my friends, I always wish I could run into an unexpected adventure or have something spontaneous happen. I get bored with routine easily, and often love mild cotastrphes (i.e the power going out for a few days, or a giant snowstorm/lightening storm that closes everything down). I love the excitement of it and the sense of danger, even if there isn't any real threats. When going on road trips, which I abosultely adore, I insist that we travel the long route and stop at quirky little towns and go to random attractions like a shoe museum. It makes things so much more interesting..I just wish people would share the same mindset as me. If things don't go according to plan with my family they tend to freak out, while I revel in it!

·
Registered
944 Posts
As INFPs out intuition seems to be really high. So, I’m presuming it’s pretty easy for us to know what’s going to happen beforehand. As perceivers, we always want some change in our lives, and so we easily grow tired of routines.

Yes, I get really annoyed when things happen as they are planned. I always like a little surprise in my life.

Reactions: Alediran

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hmm, I do not hate things when it goes as planned but to me it is rather boring if things get listed out in life like how it is on paper. I always like to see how people react to surprises (pleasant ones) with their faces painted with panic and at their wits' end.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I get nervous when everything goes to plan. I guess I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I kind I wish that once in my life something goes as expected or as planned (but I am obviously bad planner then or perhaps one cannot plan life). If I was 19 again, I would never imagine changes that happened in my life afterwards - there were not just one life-changing occurrences, but several. If I can write a autobiography about my life, as well as about my family history, it would sound as a fiction.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,310 Posts
well it kind of depends on the expectations i suppose and how much I actually wanted them to happen. I usually prefer tentative plans that aren't very clear, and don't usually mind to much if things don't play out to my exact expectations, however, I also like to have some sense of security that life isn't always going to throw me for a loop. So I do like things to go relatively close to my plans, even though I don't mind letting the particulars rearrange themselves.

I don't like when things go according to plan only because there are people involved who are hyper-concerned about making it happen. If they have it all plotted out ahead of time and just run everything through like it's pre-programmed then it can take the fun and genuinity out of the actual moment. My mom can be that way. It's like she plans to 'have fun' in this specific way, and then makes sure everything goes according to her plan, and because it did she calls it fun. Whereas, to me it would be more fun if it didn't feel like I had to be confined to that plann if other opportunities came up in the moment.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts