Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
INTP 4w5 359 autistic empath old soul
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live with the most annoying and stereotypical ENFP ever and I can’t stand her. She is constantly talking and on the go and blurts out random things and constantly criticises everything angrily. She also deliberately exploits my weaknesses, examples including repeating what I say in a high-pitched voice or vehemently complaining about too much vegan food in the kitchen (I’m vegan) by screaming shit like “VEGAN, VEGAN, VEGAN, VEGAN, VEGAN”. Basically the toxic annoying little sister archetype. Is it common for Ne-doms to act this way? Is it healthy or unhealthy? Do healthy Ne-doms and Ti-doms get on well together, or are they like oil and water?

·
exploring space
9,695 Posts
Not at all, she sounds like some ESJ.
I have a decade+old relationship with an INTP and NTPs are my fav people and I get along with them really well, so there u have it.
What's stereotypical about her as ENFP? When I was a teen I spent my time thinking things like why religion exists, was interested in behaviorism, existentialism etc, invested in my hobbies, hanging out with friends and relaxing with video games and books. Understanding the world was and is my main priority.

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
228 Posts
I don't know anything about who you live with but she sounds like a tough person to be around. I have seen people act like this but I've never seen it as Ne dom behavior. I know an Esfj that has done things similar, but I don't think I myself has done anything like this and if I had I would be so embarrassed. I feel exploiting people's weaknesses is just a terrible thing to do. In my opinion it feels like an unhealthy thing to do, but what would I know. I must admit I don't know any Intps so I can't say if this is just functions butting heads, I can say it doesn't feel normal though.

·
exploring space
9,695 Posts
I don't know anything about who you live with but she sounds like a tough person to be around. I have seen people act like this but I've never seen it as Ne dom behavior. I know an Esfj that has done things similar, but I don't think I myself has done anything like this and if I had I would be so embarrassed. I feel exploiting people's weaknesses is just a terrible thing to do. In my opinion it feels like an unhealthy thing to do, but what would I know. I must admit I don't know any Intps so I can't say if this is just functions butting heads, I can say it doesn't feel normal though.
agreed
at that age i was so worried i'd hurt someone i developed quite bad social anxiety

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,851 Posts
Considering ENTPs are Ne doms too and INTPs have good access to Ne, being a Ne dom is not inherently at odds with Ti dom types, xNFPs and xNTPs often get along well enough. Especially in that fun, bantering space. Fi and Fe can clash with personal values but it always seems so much more exaggerated on forums than irl. Regardless of her type it sounds awful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts