Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see this happening over and over again. ESTJs and ESFJs tend to wrongly overestimate their Ne. ExTPs (both ENTPs and ESTPs) tend to overestimate their Fe and how good they are at engaging with others emotionally. A lot of IxFJs can overestimate how logical and analytical they are.

Has anyone else noticed this pattern?

·
Administrator
INTP
11,793 Posts
I've noticed it with infj's. That's all

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't really noticed it among any of the IxxPs.
I know some INTPs who tend to be annoyingly specific and anal about details, definitions and protocols. This can be overfocus on Si I think. I don't know how this would work with INFPs, though.

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
I used to

But now I have my teenage ENFJ & INFP daughters to tell me how much of an asshole I really am. Teenagers have a wonderful way of letting ya know what ya suck at 😆.

They have used pretty good case studies to point out and say... “See mom that right there is what makes ya an asshole”.

And then I’m like hmm yeah, right ☺.

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
Side note I will say that I have learned primarily from work but utilized everywhere, paraphrasing does wonders 🤣. It’s like Fe cheating. Usually it does actually help though if you repeat an interpretation back to someone in order to at least attempt to understand.

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used to

But now I have my teenage ENFJ & INFP daughters to tell me how much of an asshole I really am. Teenagers have a wonderful way of letting ya know what ya suck at 😆.

They have used pretty good case studies to point out and say... “See mom that right there is what makes ya an asshole”.

And then I’m like hmm yeah, right ☺.
Lmao gotta love your posts and how honest, organic and to the point they are, though

·
Registered
202 Posts
I know some INTPs who tend to be annoyingly specific and anal about details, definitions and protocols. This can be overfocus on Si I think. I don't know how this would work with INFPs, though.
That's not so much overestimation as using it in annoying ways to annoying extents... unless, of course, you define overestimation differently (hah, see what I did there?).

Reactions: Aiwass

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,414 Posts
Very much so!

As you accurately mentioned, ESxJs are probably the biggest culprits here. They always think they are extremely creative and quirky and to this day every single ESxJ I've seen take the test, adamantly argues they are an N type.

IxTJs often think of themselves as morally superior to others.

ExTPs often think they are the most warm and generous person in their lives

ExFPs often think they are the ultimate rationalists/motivational speakers

IxFJs often assume they understand everything without having to look into it

ENxJs often see themselves as the most bold realists

ISxPs often think they see things that the rest of society is completely oblivious to

and INxPs often think of themselves as the ultimate historians who remember everything accurately.

·
Registered
359 Posts
My IxFJ brother tends to overestimate his Ti, he gets annoyed when I point out faults in his reasoning or let's say he doesn't like to come across as less intelligent than someone else in the room. As for me, I am definitely aware that I am not all that good at remembering details, except when it seems to be of importance to me, usually I use that it a negative way.(If I am INTP). As for morals, you could say that I do consider myself superior to others(at least compared to people I know, however I can prove it to them if we debate) and can tend to overestimate my Fe or Fi or whatever that is(in others perspective). If I am an INTJ that is. However very few people suggested INTJ over INTP, if I combine opinions from people I know irl and on online forums. If I compare to my ESTJ dad, he doesn't overestimate his Ne, however he seems to be in his 50s.

So overall I would say, it depends on whether the person is aware of his limitations or whether he is developed enough. People who focus on their limitations are more likely to be aware of their short coming. So due to that I think T types are less likely to overestimate their tertiary compared to Fs.

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Anyone who believe that they can swap their attitude easily from primary to the next function are already falling into that dellusional trap before reaching the 3rd. Because it already hits them at the stage of the attitude of consciousness. And when you lots will stop describing orientated functions on the premise that the orientation is something magical that doesn't obey to the laws of physics, then we'll stop reading some retarded shit such as "my si is stronger than my se therefore I must be ne dom herp derp".

·
Premium Member
INFJ 4w3 sp/sx
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very much so!

As you accurately mentioned, ESxJs are probably the biggest culprits here. They always think they are extremely creative and quirky and to this day every single ESxJ I've seen take the test, adamantly argues they are an N type.

IxTJs often think of themselves as morally superior to others.

ExTPs often think they are the most warm and generous person in their lives

ExFPs often think they are the ultimate rationalists/motivational speakers

IxFJs often assume they understand everything without having to look into it

ENxJs often see themselves as the most bold realists

ISxPs often think they see things that the rest of society is completely oblivious to

and INxPs often think of themselves as the ultimate historians who remember everything accurately.
I agree with everything you said. ESTJs in particular are funny to me because they have that drill sergeant hardass vibe and tendency to tell everyone how they should think, but they also have a childish and quirky side that pops up occasionally (they mistakenly assume their Ne to be super strong, though). Some ESFJs I personally know type as ENFP.

Reactions: Sensational

·
Registered
INTP
4,190 Posts
Okay, if that's Si, I guess I do it.

I organized the laundry system for my landlords' guesthouse. But nobody follows it because they're lazy or they think they already know how to do laundry. From time to time the owners ask me to train a new person, and I end up spending hours cleaning up the mess the previous person made. (I finally told them I can't do it any more.)

I use the guesthouse kitchen. There are Covid protocols in place, e.g., only one person, couple, etc., in the kitchen at one time. But everyone thinks they can go in to "just" make a cup of tea or "just" wash their dishes while someone is cooking. Soon there are 5 or 6 people in there.

Travelers also want to ask me where I'm from. Obviously with Covid travel restrictions we're all from Canada, so why do you want to breathe on me, and have me breathe on you, to have such a stupid conversation?

I'm really beginning to hate people.

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
Okay, if that's Si, I guess I do it.

I organized the laundry system for my landlords' guesthouse. But nobody follows it because they're lazy or they think they already know how to do laundry. From time to time the owners ask me to train a new person, and I end up spending hours cleaning up the mess the previous person made. (I finally told them I can't do it any more.)

I use the guesthouse kitchen. There are Covid protocols in place, e.g., only one person, couple, etc., in the kitchen at one time. But everyone thinks they can go in to "just" make a cup of tea or "just" wash their dishes while someone is cooking. Soon there are 5 or 6 people in there.

Travelers also want to ask me where I'm from. Obviously with Covid travel restrictions we're all from Canada, so why do you want to breathe on me, and have me breathe on you, to have such a stupid conversation?

I'm really beginning to hate people.
My INFP daughter does it too
It’s a total tert Si thing

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I don't know if I do this. I don't really think of myself as a touchy feely person especially interested in getting to know people on a deeper level. I think I use Fe on a more superficial level with people for the most part. I find people interesting and I study them, but more in a broader sense. How do different people respond to different stimulus? I might be interested in why they react the way they do sometimes. I don't think of myself as a warm sunny person. I'm just me and sometimes I will put on a warm sunny persona because it's effective in getting me things I want. But that's a long way from being very good with Fe. I genuinely care about some people but I don't care about the general public or what they think. I care to the degree that I don't want to anger a segment of the population and find myself harassed. But on an individual level, I don't care what strangers think of me.

Still, I do have people I genuinely care about and I think about what is best for them and I look out for their best interests. It's a small number of people and I probably don't care about society on the whole as much as a lot of other people do. I'm not really sure if there's a way to fix that. When you have zero fucks to give something, it's kinda hard to pull them out of your ass and start caring.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I've observed the overestimation of tertiary Fe many times. That one seems common. Similarly with tertiary Ti. In socionics forums, I've observed the "activity" and "beneficiary" mistypes in general--where people mistype as one of the two types that have their tertiary as a dominant. It's not rare at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts