Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question, is it common to test as your integration point? Ive felt myself to be a nine for awhile, yet i often test as a 3. I know tests arent the best method of typing, yet im inclined to explore the possibility i could be a three. Yet, im not precluding the possibility that im integrating heavily, as i would consider myself healthy.

Anyways, as a person integrates they take on the traits of that type, so it must be common to test as that type?

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
I tested as a five when I was severely depressed, and every once in a while I feel very "Helper-y", so it wouldn't shock me if this is quite common.

I know I mistyped a much older Enneagram 6 as a 9 because he had achieved perfect integration.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
In my case yes. Been tested first as a 5, then a 1, then a 3. I thought I have found out my core type as a 3 then because there were questions in the test that I won't admit if a person asked me. Those answers are secret. Question like: What do you desire? And there were choices like admiration or being the center of attention (I forgot the exact word), but that was the choice I answered honestly. And I was competitive and goal-oriented at that time so I tested as a 3. Most people mistype as their integration because that is the kind of person they wish themselves to be, an integration point's quality that is lacking within themselves.

What made me decide as a 9 is when I read the comparison between 3 and 9's misidentification.

3s get excited by starting new projects.
9s get excited by free time.

FREE TIME, lol.
:laughing:

I can't fool myself with that.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Tests in general aren't terribly accurate. They're a good place to start, but you really need to figure it out either on your own or with the help of others. In either case, the person(s) solving your type should be knowledgeable individuals on the matter. Tests on the whole ask for largely superficial, oversimplified, and highly generalized information based on the common behaviors of each type. The problem with this is that while the enneagram attempts to explain some behaviors, the most important part is the motivations behind them.

So get out there and start learning about it. Personal knowledge, both of the system and of oneself, is the best way to type.

Reactions: d e c a d e n t

·
Registered
48 Posts
I found the enneagram when I was pretty depressed, and I tested as a 6 although I am a 9. So I guess it makes sense that if you are very healthy you may mistype as your integration point, and if you are feeling stress or anxiety you may type as your disintegration point. As others have said though, a test is always just a starting point. I read 6 and was like, I dont really agree with a lot of this. Then I saw my next highest was a 9 and read that, and it resonated with me very strongly. Id say go for that feeling when reading your top scores.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts