Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been dealing with what may very well likely be a psychopath on another forum. Problem is, they're a moderator. But a little while ago I made a thread about my previous experiences with workplace bullying, along with some information about it (including some information about hypervigilant behavior), and this guy didn't seem too happy with the thread. Nearly 48 hours later, he comes in the thread speaking extremely ambiguously, but I know what he means because he has tried to guilt me passive-aggressively for starting a thread months ago about his buddy and their harassing behavior (I never mentioned any names, but everybody named him, as they knew who he was; the next day it was decided he was unfit to be a moderator) and the resulting demodding. He has mentioned it in passing at least three times, asking "how would it make you feel (if it happened to you)?" His first post, in a thread where I talked about two serial bullies who I witnessed psychologically destroy multiple supervisors before they quit, and how I simply frustrated them and outlasted them until they quit (one guy had several hours taken away, promptly telling me "you're welcome for my hours" - which hadn't changed at all that entire month), was "I display hypervigilance. But I never got anyone fired by it." Okay, I clearly stated that the two bullies quit their jobs, but I guess I can see how he would draw the parallel between him and his partner who is no longer a moderator. I could only interpret that as "at least I didn't get somebody demodded." :rolleyes: So I told him I never got anybody fired, and his next response was: "Hopefully, it won't get anyone killed or hurt either." He continued to explain how he had PTSD issues, saying it (the PTSD he was implying, but never mentioned) "manifests at night via aural and visual hallucinations. And a gun." I was being polite, but I basically tore most of his claims to shreds, INTJ/Te style - he would later say he never had hallucinations, and that he "used to use the gun" to search the house for intruders in the middle of the night, and he simply refused to answer why it was necessary to mention possible violence/death with the use of a gun that he doesn't have/use anymore.

Is this the type of thing somebody says when they are being intimidating? My intuition tells me what he is trying to say, since I told the administrator about his behind the scenes (PM) harassment and about the completely petty and unjust reason he banned me temporarily - one of three times (calling his friend a "worthless POS" - after telling me I was a "mass-murderer in the making" because I raised the question of the cause of school shootings during a news thread involving a story of one) he has banned me for completely ridiculous reasons (the other two being using the "advice dog" meme - typing two lines in all caps to sardonically present someone's argument to showcase the logical fallacy; he cited that I was "yelling at him" and also for making an anti-troll troll thread to counter a political circle jerk he had allowed to persist, due to his very overt political bias - which was followed by him going to a spinoff forum that same night, and simply responding to me with "roadkill" when I was talking to somebody else). I referenced moderators making implied threats of violence the other night, and he was uncharacteristically concerned with finding out who it was I was referring to. I simply linked the aforementioned thread, and he threatened to "remove me from the site" if I accuse him of doing that again. Funny how he kept ignoring my multiple post reports of his buddy (the one who was demodded) calling me a mass-murderer and "dangerous"/going to "go on a shooting spree", which prompted others to tell him "you need help," and my "'opponents' are always the ones to stray from the actual argument" but now wants to permanently ban me for implying he is trying to intimidate/threaten me. Now, the behavior seems obviously culpable, but is there any recourse I have, since he's told me things in the recent past such as "you wouldn't last a minute in real life" ? I'm not the only person he's harassed via superfluous post/thread moderation (at least two others, including one who was banned for publicly posting the PM conversations - which is conveniently against forum rules), and definitely NOT the only person he has temp banned for pathetic excuses as a means of subjugation, but after spending nearly a decade at this forum, and knowing that this behavior will continue if nothing is done to stop it, what are my options besides simply leaving it behind? Just like dealing with the douchebags I used to work with, my conscience just doesn't allow me to "walk away" knowing that people will be affected long after I'm gone. But on the other hand it seems like justice is impossible in this case. I honestly don't understand why this guy is still allowed to be in control of others, unless there is something esoteric? Many have stated that he is simply immature in the past, among the other obvious issues. Maybe I'm not the only one who has been threatened esoterically, who knows. I've had people PM me saying things like "keep your intellectual flow going just like yesterday and before. i think you're a good person regardless of what the other members have said." and I honestly think the entire community would be much better off if this oppressive piece of garbage were eliminated from moderating duties.

Am I being paranoid? Or are the peripherals enough to justify my perception? Is this something I can/should report to the site owners/administrators?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts