Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes being too emotional might cost us a lot. At the end of the day, I think why should I be too emotional over a mundane thing! Right? Emotions I agree are important but emotions are not everything.

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
If you allow your mind to work with your heart then there is nothing wrong with being emotional. Just my opinion.

·
Banned
75 Posts
I am extremely emotional and it is physically draining cause It appears to be something beyond my control. No I am not depressed, I checked. Just a wreck I guess.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Hhhhmmmm....

Emotions can be rather useful at times though this does take some self-awareness and self-management. Passionate pleas with a lot of emotion to them can sometimes work better than logically stating why someone should do something. I'm still working on getting better in this area but I do believe emotions are usually a good thing.

Just to state my perspective on this, I can be in tears within seconds of certain thoughts. There can also be some voice cracking, stuffed up nose, and shaking just to show more signs of my emotion. I'm in enough different groups and stuff where this has been accepted that I finally got to where I embrace this part of myself and it can be fun to let loose and have fun at times. Whether this be letting out my inner Gaga or sobbing like a baby while discussing mature subject matter material, there are reasons why we have these things called emotions. For many years of my life I suppressed my emotions and cheated myself out of many fun moments by keeping that part of myself stunted and underdeveloped.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Same. Is there such a thing as too empathetic, too compassionate? This triggers my emotions. I have uncontrollable feelings for others. Feelings of compassion to the point of it being silly.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Hhhhmmmm....

Is there such a thing as too empathetic, too compassionate?
Yes, if you lose your sense of self, then you have gone too far. For example, if you only feel what you sense someone else is feeling or you are prepared to give up everything to help someone you barely know that is taking them a bit far. Course I am a thinker just as something to disclose here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think that without emotion there would be no surrender. That would be catastrophic. And without intellect there would be no development. So what is the right way to make this personal "cake"? I think there are no final answers.

Bye.

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
INTJs don't have any emotions?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm just looking for a vacation from my emotions. Can I take them somewhere and then abandon them? They are my inconvenient children, the ones who keep me from accomplishing much of anything.

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
I'm just looking for a vacation from my emotions. Can I take them somewhere and then abandon them? They are my inconvenient children, the ones who keep me from accomplishing much of anything.
You and me both.

Reactions: periculosa
1 - 20 of 27 Posts