Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I personally have only been reading up on MBTI for about a month and am certainly nowhere near proficient enough to start typing other people without an actual test, so I have a couple of questions for those of you who can!!

1) If you go on cognitive functions as a starting point, is it harder to type introverts as they direct their thought processes inwards, and so may be harder to identify by an outsider?

2) Do you start off with cognitive functions when typing someone, or do you just launch in and look at their traits against the 16 MBTI types...or do you have a completely different technique?

Thank you,
The Clog

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Short of time: but here's my go... (and I'm no expert either btw...)

1. Yes.
2. Start with either some kind of short test or set of questions to get a general feel of the person, then temperament descriptions or tests or type descriptions or both, then cognitive functions and possible further questions to confirm previous conclusions. So cogn.func. yes, but not as a starting point. Most people simply find them harder to grasp...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
1)Yes. I always thought the same, you're never gonna see a person introverted functions easily maybe. Since the second function is the function that allows introverts (like me) to relation with the world.
2)Sometimes, I just have an intuition. Traits help but maybe they're not it all. Some people are very easy to type and others not. The cognitive functions thing is very done here, and I think, one of the best you can do. But at times I don't.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts