Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I am fed up with the kind of depression I am suffering, and I suddenly just hate and get angry with the part of me who feels and makes me feel bad.

So yesterday I decided to make to-do list and plans of what I wanted to/ needed to accomplish in the next 3 months, and make myself stick with it, and do it, work like a robot, no matter what, and don't give a shit about how I feel. I aimed high, and one of the side effects I already had today was that I got very impatient over things I was normally fine with not working fast.

I have heard that Te is about planning and meeting goals, so would you guys say this is inferior Te?

Reactions: Ryosuke93

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
So yesterday I decided to make to-do list and plans of what I wanted to/ needed to accomplish in the next 3 months, and make myself stick with it, and do it, work like a robot, no matter what, and don't give a **** about how I feel. I aimed high, and one of the side effects I already had today was that I got very impatient over things I was normally fine with not working fast.
This is most certainly inferior Te--especially the impatience and frustration. You need to be careful here. You could be heading toward a long-term grip of the inferior. What you _really_ need to do is back off a bit, and find a way to de-stress. It can be tough, though, when you have lots of deadlines and expectations of other people depending on you. Sometimes, it can be as simple as plugging in headphones and tuning out. Also, I've learned that taking a nap really helps me--early-mid afternoon. I know most people can't do this, but this has been a huge help for me, and allows me to go a little longer in the day before my brain utterly fries. The thing that is counter-intuitive is that sometimes, doing less allows you to do more. I went on, doing what you are doing, forcing myself to keep going--for almost a couple decades, getting ever more impatient with everything and everybody, making myself and my family miserable far too much. It would go until I'd snap, and be forced into downtime, sometimes through an emotional fallout. Those times of downtime would lead me to spending lots of time listening to music, or walking in a park, or something. I didn't know it then, but that was my natural defenses telling me something--I just wasn't listening. I saw it as a sign o weakness. Now I know that this is the sort of thing that can help. I wish I could exercise, but exercise for exercise's sake just doesn't give me the incentive I need. I can't really ride my bike anymore, due to pollution and asthma, but I do piddle around on my bike when I can. In any case, we, as ISFps need Se expressions to work through our stress. This is the key, not Te. HTH

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Yah I totally refer to my emo self as my out of control self, because that is what other people told me, so if I get to that overwhelmed point (brought on by stress, hormones, trouble in romantic relationships) the best thing for me to do is actually withdraw into myself, be kind to myself, try not to inflict myself on others, and listen to music, watch movies, write, take walks. .It can actually be internally an important time of growth or inspiration or happiness for me, but from the outside it looks not productive, and you know sometimes you have to function when you don't feel like it...I learned to live in the grip of the inferior this way, and yes it will make you impatient and seem hard hearted, and its good for a temporary fix, but if you live there for months you may have a breakdown eventually.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
This is most certainly inferior Te--especially the impatience and frustration. You need to be careful here. You coulhid be heading toward a long-term grip of the inferior. What you _really_ need to do is back off a bit, and find a way to de-stress. It can be tough, though, when you have lots of deadlines and expectations of other people depending on you. Sometimes, it can be as simple as plugging in headphones and tuning out. Also, I've learned that taking a nap really helps me--early-mid afternoon. I know most people can't do this, but this has been a huge help for me, and allows me to go a little longer in the day before my brain utterly fries. The thing that is counter-intuitive is that sometimes, doing less allows you to do more. I went on, doing what you are doing, forcing myself to keep going--for almost a couple decades, getting ever more impatient with everything and everybody, making myself and my family miserable far too much. It would go until I'd snap, and be forced into downtime, sometimes through an emotional fallout. Those times of downtime would lead me to spending lots of time listening to music, or walking in a park, or something. I didn't know it then, but that was my natural defenses telling me something--I just wasn't listening. I saw it as a sign o weakness. Now I know that this is the sort of thing that can help. I wish I could exercise, but exercise for exercise's sake just doesn't give me the incentive I need. I can't really ride my bike anymore, due to pollution and asthma, but I do piddle around on my bike when I can. In any case, we, as ISFps need Se expressions to work through our stress. This is the key, not Te. HTH
You are so right.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
This is most certainly inferior Te--especially the impatience and frustration. You need to be careful here. You could be heading toward a long-term grip of the inferior. What you _really_ need to do is back off a bit, and find a way to de-stress. It can be tough, though, when you have lots of deadlines and expectations of other people depending on you. Sometimes, it can be as simple as plugging in headphones and tuning out. Also, I've learned that taking a nap really helps me--early-mid afternoon. I know most people can't do this, but this has been a huge help for me, and allows me to go a little longer in the day before my brain utterly fries. The thing that is counter-intuitive is that sometimes, doing less allows you to do more. I went on, doing what you are doing, forcing myself to keep going--for almost a couple decades, getting ever more impatient with everything and everybody, making myself and my family miserable far too much. It would go until I'd snap, and be forced into downtime, sometimes through an emotional fallout. Those times of downtime would lead me to spending lots of time listening to music, or walking in a park, or something. I didn't know it then, but that was my natural defenses telling me something--I just wasn't listening. I saw it as a sign o weakness. Now I know that this is the sort of thing that can help. I wish I could exercise, but exercise for exercise's sake just doesn't give me the incentive I need. I can't really ride my bike anymore, due to pollution and asthma, but I do piddle around on my bike when I can. In any case, we, as ISFps need Se expressions to work through our stress. This is the key, not Te. HTH
This is an old thread, but I recently found out I am an ISFP and so I am now digging through the old stuff. I find the advice here very useful.

I totally relate to the OP and what you said here!

And this advice..."The thing that is counter-intuitive is that sometimes, doing less allows you to do more." is pure gold! :)

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: ferroequinologist

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Inferior function descriptions.

Following schedules decreases creativity. I think a better way to "get stuff done" is to make sure that you are highly motivated to do it. To get support of your inferior function, spend more time around people with strong Te (or at least listen to their videos, lectures, books, etc.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts