Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently noticed that I almost never laugh when visiting other forums(actually I run from some cause they are so boring) but the last weeks I have noticed I always get a good laugh from reading the posts in here, every day. Sure I find some ISTJ posts amusing but nothing beats the posts in here(by ISTPs).
And no, I think I am an exception. I seem to have been born without that skill.

The real question then:
Is it my compatibility with IST(P) humor or are we(you guys) just so good at it?

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I dunno...
I've always found Ne-users to be the funniest. You might think that's because I myself am an Ne-user, but whatever.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I always find my husband funniest when he's pissed off. He loves that, I'm sure, but when someone irritates him and he gives them a sarcastic comment or if he's really mad enough where he goes on a rant it's kind of hilarious. :laughing:

My husband doesn't always get my sense of humor. He says I'm funny but my jokes are (What the heck?) but my dad a text book perfect ISTJ and he & I have a nearly identical sense of humor...

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
For the record I think Dave chappelle is the funniest person.
Definitely. :) What's his type?

Ne users do surreal humour better...
ISTPs are funny in an every day sort of way, but yeah Ne can come up with stuff that is funny on so many levels that it makes your head spin.

I agree with Allium that the ISTP forum is a funny place, on a good day. There are some really funny people here who keep me coming back for more. They know who they are. ;-)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Definitely. :) What's his type?
Who knows, but he did have a complete meltdown and ran off to South Africa...so he's got that introvert thing down pat... or he could just be mentally ill. such a shame, since he was the funniest comedian I've ever seen.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
its because you understand the inside jokes here the best, since you can connect with how it was forged/presented.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I always find my husband funniest when he's pissed off. He loves that, I'm sure, but when someone irritates him and he gives them a sarcastic comment or if he's really mad enough where he goes on a rant it's kind of hilarious. :laughing:
My wife loves it when I rant about someone or something.

·
Registered
743 Posts
ISTP deadpan humour is always good. When I was a kid, my dad used to tell kids my age about the "kerosene powered TV sets" they had "back in his day".

Thinks of Calvin's Dad explaining something to Calvin. Kids fell for it every time. :crazy:

·
Registered
17 Posts

My husband doesn't always get my sense of humor. He says I'm funny but my jokes are (What the heck?) but my dad a text book perfect ISTJ and he & I have a nearly identical sense of humor...
My INFP girlfriend is the same, she finds my rants and regular mood swings rather amusing.She just laughs to herself.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I think ISTP's are funny without them even trying, they are just funny, and it's more everyday stuff, and often things they do probably won't be intended to be funny, but it is (i.e. when they're angry XD)

But I think ENTP's are funny and they know it. They are very clever and can play off old jokes, I think they have the smartest humor.

Personally though, the funniest person I ever knew was an ENFP. She was just so silly and made the dumbest things really funny. Also, her humor was very clean. That's not really important but I thought it was interesting enough to note.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I just think some people are just easily amused. There's an ESFJ at my work who cracks up at almost everything I say.
I.E. ESFJ: I think red is a good back-to-school color. You know what I mean?
Me: Not really.
ESFJ: *loud obnoxious laughter* Well, at least, you're honest.

or, (here I need some context): At the daycare where I work, there are these little bead things that you have to iron them to make shapes (circles, hearts, dolphins, whatever). I hate them! The beads get all over the place, and when you go to iron the beads, one wrong move can send all the beads flying off the tray. I refuse to put them out for the kids, and if another teacher puts them out, I refuse to iron them. Well, I made the mistake of telling the ESFJ this.

ESFJ: Miss [Me], this is [which ever brat]'s heart. Do you want to iron it?
Me: *glaring* No.
ESFJ: *loud obnoxious laughter* Oh, I love your reactions.
Me: *walks away*
How's that for a reaction?

:dry: Easily amused...

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I just think some people are just easily amused. There's an ESFJ at my work who cracks up at almost everything I say.
I.E. ESFJ: I think red is a good back-to-school color. You know what I mean?
Me: Not really.
ESFJ: *loud obnoxious laughter* Well, at least, you're honest.

or, (here I need some context): At the daycare where I work, there are these little bead things that you have to iron them to make shapes (circles, hearts, dolphins, whatever). I hate them! The beads get all over the place, and when you go to iron the beads, one wrong move can send all the beads flying off the tray. I refuse to put them out for the kids, and if another teacher puts them out, I refuse to iron them. Well, I made the mistake of telling the ESFJ this.

ESFJ: Miss [Me], this is [which ever brat]'s heart. Do you want to iron it?
Me: *glaring* No.
ESFJ: *loud obnoxious laughter* Oh, I love your reactions.
Me: *walks away*

How's that for a reaction?

:dry: Easily amused...
lmao, reading this actually made me laugh out loud.

Partly because I know exactly what type of people you are talking about. :confused:

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
lmao, reading this actually made me laugh out loud.

Partly because I know exactly what type of people you are talking about. :confused:
Oh, I'm surrounded by them. I actually made them all take the MBTI once (a short version). Out of 15 women, I could count on one hand (myself included) the number of T women. Everyone else was F, and the majority was Fe dominant or auxiliary.

Out of the Ts, I was the only one with Ti. The others were three ESTJs and an ISTJ.

No wonder I feel like I'm the only one with my head on straight.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Oh, I'm surrounded by them. I actually made them all take the MBTI once (a short version). Out of 15 women, I could count on one hand (myself included) the number of T women. Everyone else was F, and the majority was Fe dominant or auxiliary.

Out of the Ts, I was the only one with Ti. The others were three ESTJs and an ISTJ.

No wonder I feel like I'm the only one with my head on straight.
I wouldn't expect an ISTP to work at a daycare center. ESFJs seem perfect for that sort of thing though. And I agree, those examples weren't at all funny. :tongue:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts