Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, a bit of background.

The only female friend i have is an ISFJ (i'll call her F), and she appears to be friend with a girl who studies philosophy and is probably an INFJ (or maybe ISFJ or INFP, although much less likely) (i'll call her G). I'm not sure they're still close friends, maybe they don't hear from each other for a while as of now, but anyway they have been very good friends and some of that friendship is surely still there. Almost the same situation is also valid between me and F. Once in a while (once per month, on average) we meet up, take a coffee together, and talk about stuff going on in our lives. The next time this is going to happen will probably be in a week from now.

Now, i discovered about G's Facebook profile some days ago almost casually while lurking the internet, which is also to say i've never met her nor talked to her nor seen her in any way, however i know about her because F casually told me a few things about her in the past. The point is this whole situation made me strangely curious about G for reasons i'm not even sure about. All i know is that i'm damn curious about her. It all triggered when i found her Facebook profile.

So, the question is: would it make sense to ask F to let me meet G in some way or another?

I'm pretty sure there is no other way for me to get to know her. The only alternative would be actually sending a friend request out of the blue, which doesn't make much sense to me.

My main interrogative about all this is if it's something "normal people" would do. I mean, i'm not exactly that good at understanding if asking someone to magically arrange a meeting between two people would not be considered weird, or creepy.

Also, to clarify, i'm just curious, nothing more. Maybe something more will come! Or maybe not! I'm just curious to know what kind of person G is. I'd say very strangely curious perhaps, but that's ok i guess?

Ah, i'm probably overthinking it... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Yeah, that's pretty normal. I've seen it happen from both sides of the equation and, provided you're not a lunatic ;) I think you'll be fine.

Mutual friendships is a very normal way to meet potential matches. Just don't be too hurt if she already has her heart set on someone; I see that happen all the time :/

Best of luck!

·
Registered
209 Posts
It is entirely normal and indeed how a large percentage of people find partners. My one caveat is to ask: does the friend you will be asking harbor any romantic feelings towards you? (Tho, if she did this would send a clear message anyway). Chances are, she will be thrilled to hook you both up. All the best!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts