Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is partially my question about my personality, but I believe others could use it too. I imagine it as a variation of "you know you are -insert- when", but with a question mark. I'll give an example.
I'm an INFJ. And I have this weird half-self-confidence thing. I do think about myself that I'm smart, pretty, blah blah blah. I do not underrestimate myself. But in front of other people, I sort of feel like THEY will see me as ugly, stupid etc. so I seem to be really shy and not confident at all.
And my question is: Is this an INFJ thing? So, if you are INFJ, you can add your opinion (or if you are other type but experience this).
Others can write here the same. Something they are not quite sure if is typical for their personality type, but is for them. :)

·
Boaz & Jachin
Верховная Жрица
14,910 Posts
@EliiCrazy11

It sounds like a combination of insecurity with how you feel that other's think that you are ugly and stupid etc and self imposed confidence by telling yourself that you are pretty and smart etc, however it being a false sense of confidence to counter your insecurity.
If it was true confidence then you wouldn't feel insecure about how other's think of you because you know deep down that you are right or whatever it be, but since that's not the case then you are not experiencing true confidence.
I also have issues like as such, I often inflate my ego and repress insecure feelings so that I can feel better about myself.
I do not think this due to type however, this is heavily a personal issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts