Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently learned that 1 of my best friend is an ENTJ but my problem is that he live like a basement dweller i never learned alot about the meaning of E because i thought that the word described itself but now that i know he is E i am starting to wonder if i got the wrong idea about E people but im also wondering if he might have a problem.

another thing that bother me is that when im with him i always feel "boring" because he is someone really energetic and "over happy" but when i ask him dont you find me boring he often answer with what are you talking about ? or you boring where did you get that idea from

another thing that bother me (sorry for the originality) is that beside me he had about 2 friend during his whole life and this pisses me off he is an awesome guy hes energetic, friendly, good at sport, good looking, he has everything it takes to be a leader and still he is alone and that really but pisses me off since he does not deserve that

so is it normal for an ENTJ to be like that if it not what can i do to help?

ps. he have anxiety problem and hyperactivity but he is on medication for both

ps2. when i say i think E explained itself i didnt mean that every person that an E must be super social but i think they are more social or and that it easier or more natural for them to be social

·
Registered
232 Posts
It's normal as long as he is happy. Is he happy?

Personally, I doubt I would be too pleased in such a situation. Perhaps the people in your town just...suck? Besides you of course. He might just be very picky. I am extremely selective when it comes to choosing my friends.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he seem to be happy but when he talk it often about that he dont like is life right now due to money and family problems

and he really not picky with friend but somehow he has none and the people he could call friend dont hang out with him

·
mafia mod
13,335 Posts
He sounds a little depressed. Of course with money and family problems thats understandable, and would account for the lack of extroversion.

Invite him to go to a movie or do something you both enjoy. If it is indeed a case of depression, getting him out and doing things will do a world of good

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He sounds a little depressed. Of course with money and family problems thats understandable, and would account for the lack of extroversion.

Invite him to go to a movie or do something you both enjoy. If it is indeed a case of depression, getting him out and doing things will do a world of good
i thought about it too but the money and family problems are new he was like that before too so it not money or family he does seem a little depressed but the lack of extroversion was always there

·
Registered
393 Posts
It may be social anxiety.... some ENTJs have this as a result of mistreatment during younger days. ENTJs are very different from normal people and they tend to be socially alienated at young. This may lead to social anxiety.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i am an ENTJ and i see how a situation like that would worry a friend.
its not that we ENTJs dont make friends easly its just we only want to make good friends. You should be proud to be his friend because that means your really impressed him some how. We ENTJs in general are deeply loyal to our friends and dont want to be loyal to people we dont care for. Dont worry about him not having many true friends because he will gain more minions as life goes on.:laughing:

Reactions: PulpFictionFan

·
Registered
232 Posts
i am an ENTJ and i see how a situation like that would worry a friend.
its not that we ENTJs dont make friends easly its just we only want to make good friends. You should be proud to be his friend because that means your really impressed him some how. We ENTJs in general are deeply loyal to our friends and dont want to be loyal to people we dont care for. Dont worry about him not having many true friends because he will gain more minions as life goes on.:laughing:
I have read several of your posts. I am starting to think you have mistaken being an ENTJ with being an anime villain.

·
Registered
81 Posts
honestly i really new to these personality groups. i took the test 5 times and each time it said i was an ENTJ. i read everything it said an ENTJ was like and reflected on my personl history. i do not see ENTJ as anime villains but as the type of person who sets a goal and gets that goal accompished. when the goal the ENTJ has set for themselves is greater than what they themselves can accompish they enlist the help of others.i think people look up to ENTJs as people who have got their act togeather. As for my messages i must state that i was not acting like myself when i posted most of them.i am sorry if they might have seemed out of hand.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I've been in a situation like he is in. I'm an ENTJ, but if there is no part of my life I can be an ENTJ in, then I become isolated, introverted, and depressed.

We are all about ego. Without a ego to be proud of, I can see an ENTJ becoming a basement dweller with our shadow ISFP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.