Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure this has been posted before, but I'm just too lazy to search the forums. So I would like you to pick up the slack. :laughing:

My question is: "Is it possible to be both an MBTI INTP and a socionics INTp?" Recently I read the socionics description of INTp, and every last sentence screams "ME!" So I would just like to know whether or not its possible because, if not, then I'm really an INTJ, and if so, then oh well. :happy:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Yes, it's possible... It's just an alternate personality test. Some people think the socionics INTJ is the MBTI's INTP and and MBTI's INTJ is the socionics INTP, but that's nonsense. It are just different personality tests which are based on some of the same theories and although there's some correlation between the two they are in principal autonomous tests.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
It's just another profile of an INTP showing some traits not covered in some of the other profiles. We are individuals made up of many different personility traits which can very widely from person to person. I see a lot of myself in this one as well.

·
Registered
672 Posts
What he said ^^. If there were just 16 fixed personality types in the whole world and they were all the same, what a boring place it would be.

There is a little bit of everything in all of us. It's what we allow to be dominant that determines.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I took the socionics test and it said I am INTj. This was the first time I've even heard about that one. Basically the result sounded just the same as INTP. *shrugs*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts