Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took the Jung version of this test and I was typed as an ENTP. I haven't taken this test in years but I used to test as an ENFP. I was curious to re-take this test because in my graduate program, I am around (no-doubt) a lot of Idealists and I find that they are way too 'touchy-feely' for me, I get uncomfortable. I am also dating an ENTP, but compared to him, I am definitely the feeling type. When I re-took the test I was typed as an ENTP but the Thinking preference was weak, maybe 5%8 or 60%. Is it possible that I have fairly equal thinking/feeling preferences? Maybe my type fluctuates based on the types of people I'm around? Thanks for the insight!

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
You might want learn about cognitive function.Both use Ne as there primary function (Extroverted iNtuition).ENFPs use more Fi (introverted feeling) as a second function where as ENTPs use Ti (introverted thinking) this is the part that draws the line between ENFP and ENTP it the matter of what you use more.As the
teterairy function ENFPs use Te ( Extroverted Thinking) where ENTP use Fe (Extroverted feeling). Both share Ti introverted thinking. In general ENFPs arenmore feelers and ENTPs are more of thinkers

Reactions: sbg9201

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
it's impossible to be ENxP because they use two different functions from each other. being fairly even on F and T are supposed to be something which attributes to ENFPs and ENTPs because they are their 2nd/3rd functions, which means they sort of compete with each other.

the way to tell is that Fe users tend to believe in the greater good whilst Fi users tend to believe in the cause of every individual. this sometimes creates similar results, e.g. a leader being democratic because they want everyone to be happy / because they want everyone individual's voice to be heard. but sometimes they oppose each other, e.g. in a court of law an Fe user may condemn someone for going against the greater good of the group/society wheras an Fi user may see it from the individual's perspective and feel sympathetic.
not as sure how Ti/Te works but i assume it's a similar dynamic. Ti users tend to keep their thoughts to themselves, while Te users will want to impose logic on others.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I tested almost borderline judging / preceving but realized I'm more of a Ne user then Fe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts