Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
INFP 648 sx/sp
2,937 Posts
Ne-doms are ENFPs and ENTPs. No such thing as an Ne-dominant INFP. Generally when comparing INFPs and ENFPs with well-developed functions, it's apparent that the ENFP operates with a neutral perceiving, not a judging function first, and the INFP has a more ready awareness and certainty of their judgements. This is true even if they have a good grasp of their respective auxiliaries. An Ne-dominant is an ENFP or an ENTP.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Unless you're in the school of thought that thinks that each function works independently from one another, no.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
INFPs are defined as Fi dominant. They might have a highly developed extraverted intuition though if they skillfully pick up a lot of information and see all the possibilities of it.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
There's some talk in Socionics about different subtypes, where you have INFP Fi- or Ne-subtype, and ENFP Ne- and Fi-subtypes. The Ne-subtype of INFP still doesn't have Ne as a dominant function; they just have stronger Ne than the Fi-subtype. At least that's my understanding of it.

I don't think there's anything similar in MBTI. Just individual differences in how developed each function is.

For what it's worth, I keep thinking my Ne is pretty strong. Give me 5 minutes with an Ne-dom, though, and I realise my Ne has nothing on theirs. There are real differences between a function in the dominant and in the auxiliary position, regardless of how developed they are.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts