Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol, from my experience, ISTJ's tend to be very high strung and neurotic? Are any of you calm?

This is what I think of when I think of the ISTJ.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Good question. I think the time you talk to an ISTJ plays a huge part in how calm they are. If someone talks to an ISTJ while working at a job or school, they might come across as tense or irritable even if they don't mean to be(Perfectionism tends to come across harshly with ISTJs, at least in my experience). However, if the ISTJ is on vacation or just talking with some friends, they would probably act calm and laid back compared to others. Although, I suppose this could apply to other types as well.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Nate--seriously dude--you ask questions in the most offensive ways. Of course there are calm ISTJs. Man, we have the reputation of having ice for blood. We don't get upset and fly off of the handle for no reason. And if we are tense, there is a definite cause.

I really believe you are mistyped. I have NEVER known an ENFP to ask so many questions in a manner that didn't take into consideration how they would be perceived. Go back and look again. My money is on you being an ENTP.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow, the sarcasm in that post went right over my head :crazy:. Note to self- quit skimming through text at 10 miles a minute. :blushed:

Reactions: Sela and niss

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nate--seriously dude--you ask questions in the most offensive ways. Of course there are calm ISTJs. Man, we have the reputation of having ice for blood. We don't get upset and fly off of the handle for no reason. And if we are tense, there is a definite cause.

I really believe you are mistyped. I have NEVER known an ENFP to ask so many questions in a manner that didn't take into consideration how they would be perceived. Go back and look again. My money is on you being an ENTP.
oh yeah, and I agree with niss- I have always pegged you as an ENTP who is mistyped as an ENFP as well
I've actually taken the test and been typed as an ENTP before. This is so interesting that I made a thread about it.....Please state your case as to why you think that I am an ENTP in this thread.....

http://personalitycafe.com/guess-type/29881-am-i-really-entp-disguise-who-just-uses-lot-fe.html#post641818

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
calm down NatetheGreat... dude, seriously, just chillax with the rest of us! :cool:

My little bro is an ENFP and we fought like cats and dogs while growing up. From my personal experience with your 'type' I can see why you find us ISTJs so high strung. A lot of times just his rapid ADHD/chaotic energy will f*ck with my lower energy levels and get me rather agitated and I will snap at him "for no reason"

there is probably a perfectly legitimate reason you find the ISTJs getting grumpy at you. your energy levels could be literally rubbing ours the wrong way. And aren't we opposites on every single preference?? That was probably a major factor in my fights with my brother. We had NO CLUE as to where the other was coming from!!

Don't be too upset about getting mistyped. My brother turned into a little a$$hole for a while and would just get upset about any stupid little thing that was said to him and take it super personally and lash out at everybody. (he still kinda does... :dry: )

Try approaching us like you would a wild animal--slowly, with calm energy and a soft voice. If you are nice about it, we might not be too irked at you interrupting us!! :tongue:

most likely we were perfectly calm before you came bursting into our little bubble

OWL

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
calm down NatetheGreat... dude, seriously, just chillax with the rest of us! :cool:

My little bro is an ENFP and we fought like cats and dogs while growing up. From my personal experience with your 'type' I can see why you find us ISTJs so high strung. A lot of times just his rapid ADHD/chaotic energy will f*ck with my lower energy levels and get me rather agitated and I will snap at him "for no reason"

there is probably a perfectly legitimate reason you find the ISTJs getting grumpy at you. your energy levels could be literally rubbing ours the wrong way. And aren't we opposites on every single preference?? That was probably a major factor in my fights with my brother. We had NO CLUE as to where the other was coming from!!

Don't be too upset about getting mistyped. My brother turned into a little a$$hole for a while and would just get upset about any stupid little thing that was said to him and take it super personally and lash out at everybody. (he still kinda does... :dry: )

Try approaching us like you would a wild animal--slowly, with calm energy and a soft voice. If you are nice about it, we might not be too irked at you interrupting us!! :tongue:

most likely we were perfectly calm before you came bursting into our little bubble

OWL
Usually when I meet an ISTJ and befriend them, it is because I have been introduced by a friend. ISTJ's and me tend to never get along. I like them better than ISFJ's though. Oh Lord, don't get me started on my dealings with ISFJ's.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Usually when I meet an ISTJ and befriend them, it is because I have been introduced by a friend. ISTJ's and me tend to never get along. I like them better than ISFJ's though. Oh Lord, don't get me started on my dealings with ISFJ's.
Dont be too close-minded and quick to judge. One of my best friends (from 4th grade and into college still) is an ENFP. We have different view points, but we still get along great! :happy:

OWL

Reactions: niss

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
because you are entp.
Let me refer you to my ENFP or ENTP thread. It pretty much proves that I am an ENFP rather than an ENTP...

http://personalitycafe.com/guess-type/29881-am-i-really-entp-disguise-who-just-uses-lot-fe.html

Dont be too close-minded and quick to judge. One of my best friends (from 4th grade and into college still) is an ENFP. We have different view points, but we still get along great! :happy:

OWL
I didn't say that I didn't get along with ANY ISTJ's, just not most of them.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Man, you just really really strike me as an ENTP. And this is another example. Most ISTJs will get along ok with ENFPs for the short term--it's when they're together for extended periods that sparks fly. OTOH, most ISTJs don't get along with most ENTPs (this relates particularly to guys) at all. Fifteen minutes, maybe...sometimes not even that. :crazy:

ISFJs and ENFPs can be the best of buds.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man, you just really really strike me as an ENTP. And this is another example. Most ISTJs will get along ok with ENFPs for the short term--it's when they're together for extended periods that sparks fly. OTOH, most ISTJs don't get along with most ENTPs (this relates particularly to guys) at all. Fifteen minutes, maybe...sometimes not even that. :crazy:

ISFJs and ENFPs can be the best of buds.
No Fe bothers me more than any other function. Give me a Te user instead of a Fe user anyday. I think that this is because I am an enneagram 7 ENFP that I don't get along with ISTJ's and ISFJ's though. Most enneagram 9 and especially enneagram 2 ENFP's get along great with these types. However the enneagram 6 and 7's tend to clash with ISTJ's.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
No Fe bothers me more than any other function. Give me a Te user instead of a Fe user anyday. I think that this is because I am an enneagram 7 ENFP that I don't get along with ISTJ's and ISFJ's though. Most enneagram 9 and especially enneagram 2 ENFP's get along great with these types. However the enneagram 6 and 7's tend to clash with ISTJ's.
I am married to an enneagram 7 ENFP...I am a 5w6 ISTJ.

·
Banned
932 Posts
i don't know- maybe it is a gender role thing because I have a REALLY hard time with ENFPs. ENTPs don't bother me too much, I tend to get along with them on a neutral level. Nate doesn't bother me despite his inconsiderate generalizations, he just strikes me more as an ENTP.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.