Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ENTJ's seem to be the most strong and powerful people that I have come across. Is it possible to find a weak ENTJ?

·
Registered
80 Posts
From my experience ENTJ's tend to not cope well with feelings. Usually ignoring them, and if confronted being very blunt. This might be a weak spot, but in a professional life I can't spot any real weaknesses.

·
Registered
828 Posts
ENTJs, like all intuitives, often have trouble with minutiae and detail work; but they can usually overcome that through sheer determination. As mentioned before, ENTJs tend to have a lot of trouble coping with their feelings, which is a side-effect of being Fi-inferior.

Reactions: Ascharf

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Yes... relatively speaking. When under stress, having a damaged ego, or experiencing some sort of loss, I will experience some weak stages where I'll become more introverted. However, this side of me is still a strong character... just darker, cynical, and critical (towards others) rather than charismatic and motivated. I'd be more afraid of my cynical side than my optimistic side. Its like going from leader to villain. So, weaker, but relatively speaking.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes, it's quite possible to find underdeveloped destructive ENTJ's but I'm not quite sure why you would want to find one. Because if you do the person will probably just blow up in your face. Well...unless that's what you're looking for, someone to blow up in your face. That's the only weakness I can see, the underdeveloped ENTJ will not understand their potential till they are awaken.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ENTJ's seem to be the most strong and powerful people that I have come across. Is it possible to find a weak ENTJ?
EDIT: By "weak" I meant "Is it possible to find an ENTJ who gets easily used or manipulated, gets bitched around by others, does not stand up for himself, and can not take the pressures of life in general".

·
Registered
184 Posts
EDIT: By "weak" I meant "Is it possible to find an ENTJ who gets easily used or manipulated, gets bitched around by others, does not stand up for himself, and can not take the pressures of life in general".
-Used?: sometimes We (or atleast me) can be too trusting of someone who we shouldn't be which ends up making us (or me) assume the best of that person who may end up using us for some kind of support.

-manipulated?: No, even if we believe the best in someone we're too good at knowing when someone is trying to get us to think or act a certain way. When I notice someone is trying to manipulate I usually lose any trust I had in their character and start becoming skeptical of everything they say and do.

-Never stand up for self?: None that I have ever met would back down from an argument or fight if it came down to it.

-Pressures of life?: I think this can be related more to anxieties towards life than type. Generally ENTJ's aren't lazy people but if they feel inadequate in some aspects of life they may become less productive out of fear of failing (which ENTJ's hate).

·
Registered
54 Posts
The personality typing only shows which traits are strongest within a single person... they don't show how strong they are relative to others; I have no problem taking charge of a group of ENTJ's, manipulating them for maximum benefit, but I don't bitch about anything. If the owner of the company I work for wants to boss me around, or bitch at me... what am I going to do? Find a way to get more money, and so I did...

also, what do you consider to be ENTJ? As far as the test is concerned, 51% ENTJ.... is still ENTJ.

I would say an ENTJ that meets your requirements for [weak], would probably be on the fence between E and I, and/or T and F.

Honestly, those characteristics are just such extreme opposites of so many ENTJ characteristics, I just don't think anyone that lives like that would type as an ENTJ... but if someone who lives like that did type as an ENTJ, they fudged the test answering the questions the way they would like to be.

In the end, no one is impervious to being manipulated, being bossed, or the pressure's of life. I just don't think a person can continually show the [weak] characteristics but also continually show ENTJ characteristics.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I've seen ENTJs get excluded from social groups for being "jerks", just annoying everyone else by being too argumentative, or too critical, and not very pleasant to be around. So I guess this amounts to not having good enough people skills to predispose others towards yourself. That's the only big character weakness that I've seen.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
-Used: Nope. I don't do anything unless it's for my own benefit - either short-term or long-term.

-manipulated: No. I never say never, but so far I've been adept at seeing through people's behavior, facades, and little psychological tactics. I do the same thing myself if need be, so to my knowledge, I rarely fall for such things.

-Never stand up for self: Depends. As for cops, you pretty much need to defer 100% and not say too much. (The whole "what you say can and will be held against you in the court of law). And professors/bosses, I'll definitely stand up for myself if I'm being accused of (not) doing something. However, I'll do so carefully and diplomatically to avoid shooting myself in the foot. Everyone else... *grabs chainsaw* :laughing:

-Pressures of life: This is what tends to get me. I stress myself out far too easily and end up secluding myself or tuning out sensory details around me, sometimes to my detriment.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Every ENTJ I have known has given me the impression of "strength." They are fun to fight with. I think I'm pretty combative for an INTP so ENTJ's are usually fun to mess with. I love how thick skinned they are. I got in a small disagreement with one and he called me short and ugly. It was hilarious. 5 minutes later we were great friends again. He invited me over after school that next day just to hang out. I think they like me because they can vent all their thoughts and emotions without upsetting me. (I'm not actually that short and I'm not ugly so it wasn't a big deal. If I was really quite short and ugly that would be a bit hurtful.)

But I will say I think they are the least intellectual of the NT's haha sorry. They spend the least amount of time in their thought world. If there is anything that annoys me about them it's that they betray their Rational heritage for "people" or "practical action."

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Every ENTJ I have known has given me the impression of "strength." They are fun to fight with. I think I'm pretty combative for an INTP so ENTJ's are usually fun to mess with. I love how thick skinned they are. I got in a small disagreement with one and he called me short and ugly. It was hilarious. 5 minutes later we were great friends again. He invited me over after school that next day just to hang out. I think they like me because they can vent all their thoughts and emotions without upsetting me. (I'm not actually that short and I'm not ugly so it wasn't a big deal. If I was really quite short and ugly that would be a bit hurtful.)
....are you sure? :wink:

Reactions: j3321
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.