Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was diagnosed with schizophrenia, and through gruelingly painful treatment I have come to the conclusion that it is sometimes very necessary to be ashamed of what you are. To hate yourself. Often, I can't help but wonder how much lighter I would feel if I was able to keep my pride, but whether it's been the psychoactive effect of the medication, my dismal life, or some combination of both, I now don't seem to be able to generate anything other than self loathing in my head. Believe me, this is a very awful feeling but to psychiatrists it is insight and might help me to get off of the meds so that I will be able to experience life to the fullest I can again.

Do you believe that self loathing ultimately ends up helping people sometimes or can we not be at our best because of it?

Does it depend on the situation?

·
Registered
435 Posts
You won't be happy until you like yourself. You need to get on the proper medicine and see a therapist on a regular basis. You can live happily again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You won't be happy until you like yourself. You need to get on the proper medicine and see a therapist on a regular basis. You can live happily again.
Maybe, but I find it impossible to like myself now that I'm medicated and been diagnosed. It's like there's a black cloud over my head constantly. It's just terrible, but I've been twisted into thinking that it's better that way. Cause I'm a screwed up psycho, so I don't deserve to have any feeligs or thoughts other than self loathing ones and I don't deserve to feel whole, or even feel my penis (they took that with the medication). My fate is to rot into nothingness and fade to black inside and it should be that way cause I'm such a messed up person.

This is the way I've been made to think and feel by psychiatric treatment. This is the way it should be.

I'm a disgrace and should stay in the ground where I belong.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Maybe, but I find it impossible to like myself now that I'm medicated and been diagnosed. It's like there's a black cloud over my head constantly. It's just terrible, but I've been twisted into thinking that it's better that way. Cause I'm a screwed up psycho, so I don't deserve to have any feeligs or thoughts other than self loathing ones and I don't deserve to feel whole, or even feel my penis (they took that with the medication). My fate is to rot into nothingness and fade to black inside and it should be that way cause I'm such a messed up person.

This is the way I've been made to think and feel by psychiatric treatment. This is the way it should be.

I'm a disgrace and should stay in the ground where I belong.
Proper medication. You are on meds but they obviously aren't working correctly. Medication for mental illnesses is a trail and error process.

You need to stop that self-defeating talk, also. I know that you are struggling. You feel helpless and hopeless, I get it. You need to get with your doctor and consider other medications.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
Jesus the Mower that's a sad sight, and an even more dismal plight. Godspeed, former brethren. Wait wait wait, they're intentional depressing you? Why?!

Back to the topic, It all relies on balance/temperance honestly, not like doing things that come naturally to people every day of their lives would create vast improvement.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Proper medication. You are on meds but they obviously aren't working correctly. Medication for mental illnesses is a trail and error process.

You need to stop that self-defeating talk, also. I know that you are struggling. You feel helpless and hopeless, I get it. You need to get with your doctor and consider other medications.
He's forcing the medication on me that is pulsing through my body right now. I have no choice but to take it unless I want to run away. Maybe in the future I will be able to take other kinds of medication but right now it simply isn't an option.

I told you I'm a horrible psycho who deserves to be tortured and that's what's happening.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jesus the Mower that's a sad sight, and an even more dismal plight. Godspeed, former brethren. Wait wait wait, they're intentional depressing you? Why?!

Back to the topic, It all relies on balance/temperance honestly, not like doing things that come naturally to people every day of their lives would create vast improvement.
Try worse than depression.

·
Registered
435 Posts
He's forcing the medication on me that is pulsing through my body right now. I have no choice but to take it unless I want to run away. Maybe in the future I will be able to take other kinds of medication but right now it simply isn't an option.

I told you I'm a horrible psycho who deserves to be tortured and that's what's happening.
How old are you? Nobody can force you to do anything. Get a different doctor. Where do you live? (General location, of course)

·
Banned
738 Posts
Get a new psychiatrist, the current one you have sounds like a quack. I know someone with schizophrenia, and he is finally balanced. It took him most of his life to find the right medication, but I'd say that the group therapy is the main reason for his improvement. Have you looked into that yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts