Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true that Ni that works ?Inner "conversations" going on in my head, sign of Ni?

Hello

I found such a comment is true for Ni infjs?

"not sure about my type. But I thought that maybe this question would give me at least a little bit more insight about it.
I've noticed that I tend to have some kind of inner conversations going on in my head that are independent of me. It's not my own voice, but it often says that are quite related to what i'm thinking about or doing in the moment. It's not at all in a schizophrenic way, i'm barely hearing them, just vaguely, but sometimes i can pick out a word or two.
So what i'm wondering, do you have these inner conversations going on independently of you and if so do you think it could be a sign of Ni?"

????

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I do tend to process relationships in internal dialogues. Sometimes those conversations are made to do analysis of past incidents, sometimes I alter what was said into what should have been said, sometimes I play with ideas of how things might turn out if these things had been different. I think it's very characteristic of Ni, yes.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I always have inner dialogues, but it's definitely my OWN voice. Its the most genuine version of my own voice, really. Even though, in that passage, it says "not in a schizophrenic way", it honestly sounds kind of schizophrenic, especially "sometimes I pick out a word or two." that sounds like he/she isn't really controlling the voice at all.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I do have inner conversations, yes. They are not in my own voice though or any voice, for that matter. They are abstract conversations, voiceless, like if I am listening to text, if that makes any sense (possibly not). It is a useful if tiring "gift".

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so, I wonder if this voice can be just silenced or You can debated with him as eg do entp people?

Also interesting when this voice is called .. whether it is random moments or somehow defined?

·
Banned
601 Posts
INTJ here. I do have inner conversations in my head as well, most often than not "yelling" for one perceived shortcoming, or a way that the previous could have been done better/improved on. So, it would appear, it is a sign of Ni dominance.

Reactions: Froody Blue Gem

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hello

I found such a comment is true for Ni infjs?

"not sure about my type. But I thought that maybe this question would give me at least a little bit more insight about it.
I've noticed that I tend to have some kind of inner conversations going on in my head that are independent of me. It's not my own voice, but it often says that are quite related to what i'm thinking about or doing in the moment. It's not at all in a schizophrenic way, i'm barely hearing them, just vaguely, but sometimes i can pick out a word or two.
So what i'm wondering, do you have these inner conversations going on independently of you and if so do you think it could be a sign of Ni?"

????
I do. Jung did, also, as he reported them.
I believe everyone does have these voices in their heads, in a very dream-like fashion, or a stream of consciousness. Often our thoughts arise from something below our conscious mind - something we're not entirely aware of - and they can mix with memories and such.

While everyone has them, Ni are just more likely to pay a attention to them.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I thought everyone have inner dialouges???
I say this honestly and without guile, but this whole thread has been something of a relief to learn that I'm not quite as insane as I thought myself to be.

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so
2,601 Posts
I would say that is a sign of ni. From my experience, thinking of conversations that you want to have with people and imagining many ways it would play out in your head. Sometimes I personally get lost in my inner monologues but if someone interrupts it, it's hard to get it back. Sometimes, it can take me time to put these inner dialogues into words when talking about things relating to them or at least, it takes me a bit of time to string together. It can vary for different people. An inner monologue could very well be a ni type of thing. Also, preferring to focus on one thing at a time yet being somewhat scatterbrained an being very focused on it through it all and feeling stressed out when a bunch of things are thrown at the same time. It can be challenging to process.

·
Registered
INFP 5w6
1,313 Posts
I have happened to hear these INFJ dialogues vocalized. While everyone has inner conversations, the INFJ version is distinguished in the sense that it is not just random ideas or of varying quality. It is a train of thoughts with the same consistent quality in quick succession. The dialogue is about events that actually transpired, very raw, stripped down information.

I know when i hear this inner monologue because my mind is immediately drawn to it more than most things INFJ say, which are are mostly coated in a thick layer of politeness. It is as if a transcript is being read or they have just finished speaking with someone and repeating after them. I believe it to be heavily linked to a Ti/Fe. It would make sense since i feel my Te/Fi functions scrabbling to find order in the complicated network of figurative tunnels that have just exploded into reality from nothing.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I do tend to say in my head things I should've said in a previous conversation. I might imagine myself saying something shocking or socially unacceptable, and then trying to imagine how that other person would react. Then I would instinctively try to prevent myself from thinking about these things, and this sometimes come out as me actually muttering to myself. I do speak quietly to myself sometimes as an internal dialogue.
I know someone(likely an INTP) who likes to pace back and forth while whispering to himself when trying to think things through.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I think that everyone have inner dialouges. So it's not MBTI thing.

Reactions: The Pikabot
1 - 16 of 16 Posts